11. Chapter

„I'm gonna show you now some basic stuff you have to do when you fight." Natasha says and walks towards the ring.
I follow her into the ring and we stand about a meter apart from each other. I just look at her awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

„I'm going to attack you. Try to dodge, okay?"

I swallow thickly and nod. I'm fucking scared.

She doesn't move and I get become more scared every second I'm waiting for her to attack. Natasha starts to smirk.
„Nat, ca-„

Natasha suddenly throws herself at me. I was occupied with talking, so I wasn't prepared at all. Her whole body collides with my belly in full speed. I fall and my head hits the floor.

A sharp pain shoots through my head and I can see stars circling around my eyes. All the air gets pushed out of my lungs.

After a few seconds which feel like hell I manage to gasp for air.

„Y/n! I am so sorry. Are you okay?" I hear Natasha's voice. She sounds really worried.

When my vision is finally normal again, I see that Natasha is towering over me; her face only centimetres apart from mine.

„Say something! Please. Are you okay?" Natasha whispers.

„Ouch." I grunt.

Natasha lets out a relieved sigh and gives me space. „Where does it hurt?"

„Head, back, whole body. But it's not too bad." I sit up and my already bad headache gets three times worse.
I try to hide my pain. „We can continue with training." I breath out.

„Do you think I'm stupid. Lie back down, idiot." Natasha whispers softly.

„But-" I try to protest, but Natasha pushes me back on the floor slowly.

„I'll bring you to Bruce." Natasha picks me up. The movement hurts so much that I flinch.
„I'm sorry, Y/n." Natasha mumbles in my ear.

She brings me to Bruce's lab and I get put on a treatment bed.
Natasha quickly tells him what happened and he takes a few tests.

„So, you have a bad concussion. I want you to stay in bed for three days and no training for a week. I tell Jarvis to control your vital signs, so if something bad happens, I get notified. You need to rest, sleep and drink water. Maybe an icepack for the headache."

„Thank you, Bruce. I'll take care of her." Natasha says and picks me up again. I lean my head against her chest. It still hurts like hell.

Natasha carries me upstairs, but when she want to put me on my bed, I suddenly have the feeling of throwing up.
„I think I have to throw up." I say and Natasha rushes me to the toilet just in time. I throw up into the toilet a second later. Natasha holds my hair out of my face and caresses my back at the same time. „I'm so sorry." She whispers multiple times.

I throw up my whole breakfast and probably also a lot of my dinner from last night.
„It's okay. It's not your fault." I say, when everything that could come out, is out.

Natasha cleans my face with a wet towel and carries me back to the bed.
She pulls the blanket over me and brings me a bottle of water. „Bruce said you should drink water."

She watches me until the bottle is empty and then pulls the curtains closed.

„I'm sorry, Y/n." Is the last thing I hear before I drift to sleep.

When I wake up again, I sit up quickly. I grunt in pain.
„You're awake." I hear Natasha's voice. I turn my head and see Nat sitting on a chair beside the bed.
„What time is it?" I ask while sinking back in my cushions.
„It's eight in the evening. You slept for twelve hours. I brought you some soup." Natasha holds out a tray with a bowl on it.

My stomach grumbles and I grab the tray. Natasha opens the curtains to let some light inside. While I'm eating, I feel her gaze on me.

„I don't think I can fall asleep now. I'm not tired at all." I say to Natasha when she puts my empty bowl on the floor.
„But you should rest, Y/n." Natasha says softly and strokes my cheek.

„But I'm bored!" I whine, ignoring my headache.
„Okayy... We can watch a movie together, but then you go back to sleep. Deal?"
I nod and Natasha climbs in the bed next to me. She puts an arm around me and I snuggle into her.

„What do you wanna watch?" Natasha asks.
„Sing?" I propose.
„Sure." Natasha starts the movie.

„How's your headache?" Natasha asks me about half an hour in the movie.
„Better than in the morning." I mumble, already sleepy again.
„You should go to sleep, Y/n. You have a concussion."

„Okay." Normally I would put up a fight, but my head really hurts and I feel like I'm going to fall asleep soon anyways.

As Natasha wants to get out of my bed, I grab her wrist.
„Please stay." I whisper.

Natasha tells Jarvis to turn off the light and the tv and then lies back next to me.
I'm already half asleep, when I feel Natasha stroking my hair.
„Sleep well, Y/n." I hear Natasha whisper shortly before I drift off to sleep.

———
I'm in a shop, looking at purple candy. A baby is lifting an adult man. Suddenly I hear a scream. I turn around to see where the scream is coming from and don't see anyone who's screaming.
„No, stoop!"
I run outside. Seagulls are circling above my head. There's still no sign of somebody screaming.
„NOOO!"
The screaming continues and I have no idea where it comes from.

„Please!"
I suddenly wake up.

In the dim moonlight, I can see Natasha. She's shaking.
„NOO! Please!" She screams again.

„Natasha." I say. „Natasha. What's going on?"
No answer. Instead, she screams again.

Shit. She's having a nightmare.

I grab Natasha's shoulder and begin to shake her softly, to wake her up.
„Natasha, wake up. It's okay. Everything is okay."

Natasha awakes with a gasp. When she opens her eyes, she looks terrified, until she realises where she is.

I pull her into a hug.
Natasha keeps sobbing. I feel my t-shirt becoming wet, but I don't care.

The door of my room opens, and I can see Wanda standing in the doorframe. „Did she have a nightmare?" She mouths.
I nod. „I't okay. I've got her." I mouth back.
Wanda smiles and holds her thumbs up. She then slowly backs away and closes the door silently.

I continue to rub Natasha's back in circles, until she calms down.
When she pulls away, she looks at me with puffy eyes. „I'm sorry."

„You don't have to be sorry for that, Natasha." I say and put an arm around her again. Natasha moves closer and puts her head on my chest.

„Thank you, Y/n." Natasha whispers.
I kiss her forehead in response and soon we're both fast asleep again.