11

if you've read this before, no spoilers in my comments please 🔪

ARIA

I was definitely a lot more drunk than I had initially thought.

The floor was blurry, or my vision was blurry. I couldn't tell the difference. I blinked hard, holding onto the wall as I felt my way to the toilets. My breathing was heavy, and waves of throbbing heat travelled through me until I was convinced I was going to collapse

This is why I don't go out.

A group of girls were applying make-up in the bathrooms mirror and they stopped to look at me when I entered.

"Hey, are you okay?" one of them asked, eyeing me through the mirror.

I nodded in appreciation. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little dizzy," I murmured, pushing open a stall door.

"Drink some water, okay?" she called out, and then I heard them leave. I smiled lazily, grateful for the small gesture.

After much difficulty, my business was finished. I yawned while washing my hands, and that's when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My hair was absolutely horrendous and my cheeks were a glowing pink. Using my wet hands, I smoothened down any curls that have frizzed up.

The day was finally taking its toll on me, and I could feel the exhaustion kicking in. I looked exactly how I felt and I was just about ready to go home. It was just a matter of convincing Tammy to do the same.

The club was starting to clear up, and it wasn't very hard to find her. She was making out with the same guy from earlier, and it seemed to be getting more intense by the second.

"Tammy, are you ready to go? My feet are killing me," I groaned, shifting from one foot to the other. This made them depart, leaving a string of saliva still attached to the both of them. Tammy licked her lips, looking at me as I had just interrupted them. I returned the look – really not in the mood to argue with her.

"Actually," she wrapped her arm around the guys waist, leaning into his side. "I'm not going home, right?" Tammy trailed a finger down his chest, while I stood there awkwardly and uncomfortably. The guy shivered, biting his lip as he looked at her through red and droopy eyes. He looked fucked up. And Tammy didn't look any better.

"Tammy, stop playing. Let's go."

Tammy was just broken up with, and I understood that she needed an outlet for all the hurt and heartache. But that didn't mean she should be making a potentially dangerous choice.

"We're just going to have a little bit of fun, plus..." she stumbled closer to me until she could whisper in my ear, "you won't be alone."

I looked at her in confusion, "What?"

She ignored me, giving me a cheeky and mischievous smile as she grabbed the guys hand and started leading him towards the exit. "Bye, Aria."

"Tammy-" I called out, but sighed when she raised her hand above her head and waved at me without looking. For fucks sake Tammy. There I was, standing in the dance floor of the club watching my friend leave with someone she didn't know.

My head pounded, and the exhaustion made my body feel ten times heavier. I desperately needed fresh air. Or a bottle of water. Or a meal. I clenched my eyes shut, holding my palm against my forehead as the migraine spread to the back of my eyes. Oh God.

I pulled my phone out, ready to call a cab but my eyes were watery and the screen was blurry. Taking a deep breath in, I approached the exit until I was breathing the fresh and crisp air. Well, as fresh as city air could get.