Chapter 13 - Family Matters

[(Y/N)'s POV]

The room was filled with silence. The man standing in front of me is no other than the quints' father; Maruo Nakano. I kept my composure and pulled myself together.

"Good day to you sir. I'm (F/N) (Y/N). I'm a friend of your daughters and currently in a serious relationship with the eldest one"

"You have the guts to say that to me"

"Yes sir. There's nothing to hide. I'm serious about her and I don't plan on doing anything that may cause her pain or harm. That is something I can assure you"

"How long has it been?"

"It started way back the summer break"

"I see. You do realize that she hasn't graduated yet, right?"

"Yes sir, I understand that completely. That's my goal as well. I want her to graduate with her sisters and I want to support her in fulfilling her dreams"

"But what's your goal? Would you just be following my daughter around?"

"No sir. I believe that growing together is okay but growing apart, fulfilling each other's dreams, goals, is something we're both aware of and prepared for. I have my own path to take and she has hers. The only difference is we're supporting each other out."

"My daughter is becoming more recognized. She's becoming the actress she has been dreaming of. That means that she will be busy. She might even need to do shoots outside the country. How do you plan on handling that?"

"I understand what I got myself into. Being in a relationship with someone like your daughter will be a challenge. I'll be lying to you sir if I say that it doesn't worry me every time that thought crosses my mind. But I trust her, and she trusts me. That's what is important for both of us. The path ahead would not be an easy one, but it's not something to stop me from loving your daughter."

"What made you say that?"

"I've been on a tougher road and the path ahead is not something that would stop me now. I care about Ichika. I understand that as a father, you only want what is best for your daughter. I'm a nobody dating a 'somebody', a famous one if I may add. But I can assure you that we're on the same page. I want her to become the best person she can possibly be. I love your daughter, sir."

"And is she happy?"

"Yes sir. She certainly is."

The silence took over the room again. I'm not sure if I said something wrong or if I overdid it. What I'm sure of is that I'm only telling him what I really feel about Ichika.

"Very well."

"Sir?"

He reached out to give a handshake.

"You better take care of my daughter and make her happy. The moment you hurt her, or do something that would make her cry, I will do everything in my power to do something about it. Do we have an understanding?"

I grabbed his hand and gave a firm but short handshake.

"Yes sir."

"Thank you for your time. Allow my secretary to escort you"

"Thank you as well, sir"

I gave a bow and went outside the office.

"Would you want me to escort you home (L/N)-san?"

"It's alright Ebata-san. Thank you for the offer but I can take it from here."

We were already outside the hospital so I took the train. Time passed and I arrived home. Yuko doesn't have work today. She said that there'll be some errands that we can do especially since it's a weekend.