my-log: stay

JULIE PACES IN FRONT OF y/n's apartment, biting her thumb nail anxiously

JULIE PACES IN FRONT OF y/n's apartment, biting her thumb nail anxiously. "Should I knock? No, she won't even answer. But she hasn't been texting any of us back! She could be dead in there!...Mmmmm...I have to check on her..."

She finally stops in front of the door, nodding. "I'm gonna knock!"

Lifting her hand to the door, she bangs her fist 3 times. "Y/n? It's Julie!"

...No response.

"Y/n???"

. . .

"...I can't take it!" Julie whines, then turns to the passcode lock. She hovers her finger over the keypad and types in 1234 as the code.

The door unlocks, and she allows herself inside.
"Y/n?? Sorry to barge in, but—"

Julie stops when she enters the living room. She takes a look around, doing a full 360, before letting panic take over her.

~

As a couple of the boys were in the dressing room with Nari, Mi-Young, Seong, and Lea, Julie bursts through the door, making all of them jump. She had tears in her eyes and her face was a dark red.

"Julie?? What's wrong??" Lea stands up, holding the straightener away from Niki's hair.

"Y/n...She...

She's gone!!!"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Nari's head falls to the side.

"Her apartment! It's empty!!! Everything...It's all gone!!" Her voice cracks.

"WHAT!?" Everyone stands up in shock.

"I don't know!? I went to check on her because it's almost been 2 weeks since we last saw her! So I let myself inside and everything is just gone!! All of her belongings are just...gone..."

"Where could she have gone??" Heeseung questions.

"I don't know! She couldn't have just moved out and none of us noticed!!!"

"She has to be somewhere, right!? Maybe she moved dorms." Lea hopes, but it's obvious she doesn't believe herself.

"Did she quit? Without saying goodbye??" Jay asks. Almost everyone reacts to that, as they all go quiet.

Suddenly, Nari snaps her fingers. "I can find her!!" She gasps, pulling out her phone.

"How?" Seong leans over her friends shoulder, and so do Sunoo and Mi-Young.

"After we traded numbers with her, we started sharing locations, remember!!" She smiles, pulling up a map with 6 icons. 5 of them were at the HYBE building, representing Nari and the girls' location. But one icon was—

"Near the airport!?" They all gasp.

~

The cab drops me off in front of my terminal, and I bow to the driver. They pull off, and I adjust the straps of my backpack on my shoulders. Luckily I didn't have any luggage, as the ASC already flew my belongings out to New York where I would be staying.

I take a moment, watching cars slowly drive by, people walk hurriedly past me with their suitcases, and couples reunite with each other.

The gravity of my situation is finally hitting me. This is it...I'm moving to America...

I don't know any English. Maybe a few words and phrases, but that's about it. This is probably the most spontaneous thing I've ever done. I'm leaving everything I know and love behind...Except my brother.

I look down at the ring I'm wearing on my finger. It may sound gruesome, but Geun specified to the nurses that he wanted his ashes to be turned into a diamond ring for me to wear so he can be with me at all times. So I guess I'm not leaving anything I truly care about behind—...

Why am I suddenly thinking about the guys? I don't...I don't care about them that much. They were just co workers, when it comes down to it. Same for Julie and the girls...We weren't anything more...I'm sure I'm doing them a favor by leaving...They won't have to worry anymore. Besides, we only knew each other for 4 months.

My cellphone suddenly rings. I pull it out of my jacket and see Nari is ringing me. I think nothing of it. She's probably worried about me again since I haven't answered any texts or calls in the last two weeks.

When I let it ring and the call stops, I see a dozen notifications on my home screen from Nari. Not just her, but Lea and Seong too. What are they spamming me for??

Nari
COME HOME!
YOU'RE LEAVING!!?
TO WHERE!???

Lea
Y/n, please, come back home. Let's talk this out.

Seong
Wherever you're going, it doesn't matter. Stay. We're worried about you.

Huh? How do they know I'm not at the HYBE building? They must've broken in and saw my things were missing...Oh well. I'm not turning back.

"Y/n."

My heart drops. I turn over my shoulder so fast, and everything seems to slow down like this scene is straight out of some cheesy drama. The wind even decides to blow at this exact moment to make it ten times more dramatic.

"...Stay."

I stare at him in complete shock. How in the world did he know I was here?? Did he see me leaving?? He must've. Did he seriously ask someone to take him her just to bring me back?

"...S...

Sunghoon."

"