my-log: bye

play the song above to add to the mood!

"...SUNGHOON." I whisper. I can tell it's him because of his ash blonde hair. Other than that, he's disguised so well that I wouldn't even be able to know who he was if I didn't know him personally.

He stares at me sadly, looking at the backpack I'm wearing. "...Where are you going?" His voice is sad and low.

"...I was offered a job with America Styling Company...In New York."

I can tell he feels hurt, because his eyes flinch and he presses his lips together. "...New York?"

I swallow the lump in my throat. "...How did you know I was here?"

"...I heard you talking to Sejin Sir about it...Sorry." He apologizes. For some reason, it makes me angry.

If he was so sorry, then why is he here? If he was sorry, he would just let me go in peace.

"If you're here to try to bring me back, don't. I've already moved my stuff out to America, and all the arrangements have been made." I growl.

"...So you don't want to stay?"

"No! I...I can't." I swallow again. If I cry right now, I don't know if I'll be able to stand my ground. So I suck in my tears and breath out slowly. "...I can't stay here...I feel so alone here. Like I'm suffocating...Without my little brother...I don't see a reason for me to be here...I need to do something for myself...and taking this job opportunity is the best thing I can do for me...So don't convince me to try to stay! I don't want to hear it!—"

"Okay."

I stop. "...What?"

He only looks down at me as he walks closer. He lifts one arm and holds my head into his chest, hugging me. He leans down and sets his chin on the top of my head, and I suddenly feel...calm. Listening to him breath for a moment brought a sense of tranquility.

"...I only came because I wanted to say goodbye."

I hitch.

"...I wanted to know why you were leaving, and I heard it. Now I want to say goodbye...I'm sorry that you feel alone here. I'm sorry that we couldn't be enough for you to stay. I'm sorry that we couldn't help you grieve better. I'm sorry that you lost your motivation to work with us..."

"I-...I didn't mean it like that—"

"I know you didn't. I'm not trying to make you feel guilty. I'm being genuine...Geun was your everything. I'm sure you're only reminded of him when you see us, aren't you?"

"...Mhm."

"And that's okay...It's okay." He wraps the other arm around me and hugs me tighter. "...Please be safe in America. I'm so sorry that things had to come to this...I'm so sorry..." He whispers.

My body moves on its own when I hug him back. My eyes want to cry, but I try my hardest to stop them. "I...I didn't mean to make you feel guilty! None of this is your guy's fault! I'm doing this for me..."

"..." He pushes me away, and I wipe my eyes as fast as I can. "...Geun wanted you to do something for yourself, didn't he?"

"...Y...Yeah..."

"Then this is the right choice." He smiles, patting the top of my head.

He's right...Geun wanted me to treat myself. This is me doing exactly that.

Sunghoon stands up straight. "...We'll miss you. You were the sweetest staff member we had."

I scoff-laugh to stop myself from crying. "...Can you tell the boys something? When you go back? The girls too."

"Yes of course."

"Tell them...I'm sorry for leaving without saying a proper goodbye. But I'll be fine, and they'll be fine without me—"

~

"'Thank you for the memories. I've grown because of all of you. I'll miss you, but I can't stay here. Please move on with your lives like I didn't exist.'...That's what she said." Sunghoon mutters, relaying the message to the others, all of them gathered back in the dressing room.

The mood was destroyed. Nari was sitting on the couch with Seong, laying in her arms, upset. The boys were scattered around the room, their minds and hearts heavy with guilt.

Sunghoon looked around the room, before apologizing. "Sorry...I heard her plan and went after her by myself...I just didn't want her to feel forced to stay if we all went after her..."

"...We...We weren't enough for her to stay." Jungwon mumbles, his face hidden in his arms.

"She doesn't want us to think that." Sunghoon shut down his partners thought almost immediately. They all turned to him. "...She...She enjoyed her time here...it's just...her brother wanted her to do something for her...This job is exactly what she needs to do to achieve that—give herself a new life, a new beginning—...Even if that means she has to leave us behind to forget her past...We should respect it..."

"...What a hypocrite she is."

The room faced Niki, who was facing away from them with his back to the group.

"Niki—" Jake mutters.

"She was hurt that Geun left her without saying a proper goodbye...But did the same thing to her friends..."

They all hear his voice crack, and suddenly, their youngest member has broken down to tears. Jake and Heeseung quickly rush to his side to comfort the boy, but it was no use. "Two new friends I made...gone in less than a month!...Geun, now her...

They're gone..."

Lea and Julie begin to cry silently. Nari ends up leaving the room. Sunoo joined Niki in crying. Everyone didn't realize how much y/n meant to them until they couldn't see her...

anymore.

"ATTENTION ALL PASSENGERS! WE ARE EXPECTED TO LAND IN NEW YORK CITY IN 15 MINTUES! PLEASE PLACE ALL TRAY TABLES UP AND ADJUST YOUR SEATS INTO THEIR UPRIGHT POSITION. THE WEATHER IS—"

Wow...I'm here...I made it to America...

My new life.