| xxxviii: eight years ago- a |

"You realize that our mistrust of the future makes it hard to give up the past

"You realize that our mistrust of the future makes it hard to give up the past." ― Chuck Palahniuk

"   ―        Chuck Palahniuk

Jaipur, India

Vihaan was in mental distress. The kind of pain where he couldn't even scream at her, say something to her. He had noticed her shaky hands. He had noticed her being restless as if she was on the edge of having an anxiety attack.

Vihaan hated lies with a burning passion because once upon a time, a lie had destroyed him, made him what he was today.

He felt angry at her for not telling her the truth but it hurt him more when she said that she had a difficulty in trusting him.

His poor heart broke into millions of pieces as the words came out of her, shocking him to the core.

He had always noticed her distracted expressions when she had been into deep thought, presumably before or after she had lied to him. It wasn't difficult to notice her fidgety expressions and her being in an uncomfortable position whenever something like that happened. The first time he had noticed that was when she first spoke about the meaning behind the riddle. He observed how edgy she sounded as if there was nothing wrong. He had seen through her.

But unfortunately, not this time.

Akanksha was very good at saying lies. But there was something in her expressions that made him feel that she was thinking something more than she should have, she wasn't good at masking up her face.

That night when she had spoken to him about Ruhi, he had realised that Akanksha was indeed very sensitive regarding her friend and was not usually comfortable talking about her. He sensed that she was still over her best friend's death.

And the vulnerability he saw in her eyes today clearly said that.

He didn't know who Ruhi was other than the fact that she was the first victim to the barbaric serial killer.

What he did know was that for Akanksha, her friends meant the world to her, even more than her family.

Looking at her, all anxious and broken made him uncomfortable. He couldn't bring his heart to get angry at her, to demand an answer why she didn't trust him enough.