Chapter 1: "He may be a coconut."

(JESSICA'S PIC ABOVE)

Edited - 7.02.22

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

"Ugghh, who the hell is trying to wake me up at 9 in the morning!?" I groaned. Opening my one eye I switched off the alarm and went to sleep but I knew it was only for some seconds because after that.....Smack! A pillow landed on my face and I groaned again.

"5 more minutes Jess!" I yelled grabbing the pillow on my face and covering my ears with it. Maybe it will serve as 'soundproof to Jess's yelling'. 

"Okay. Sleep as long as you want to. I am going to head out for work, without you." Jessica shouted. Oh for sleep's sake, bring the volume down.

Don't get me wrong. I love Jessica with all my heart and she is my best friend. Heck she is the closest to what I can call as family. Talking about family, how can I forget Jake? Jake is my other best friend but unlike Jess he doesn't live with me in this small rented apartment. 

Being an orphan is definitely hard but I am happy to stay like that. At least partially. Okay enough with my riddled thoughts, if I continue for  a second longer everyone will go crazy. 

"Earth to Eva! If you don't wake your ass up right now, I am going to  eat pizza without you." Jess yelled breaking me from my chain of thoughts and slumber. 
"No!" I cried.

"I am awake see." I said and hurriedly-almost-stood up on my bed only to fall on the floor because my legs got tangled with the sheets. Oops.

Don't judge me. I love pizza more than anything else.

"I can see that very clearly my best friend" said Jess rolling her eyes. Her chocolate brown eyes were something which I have always admired. Her brown silky hair were almost of the same length as me. She had the perfect hourglass figure which was currently latent with the layers of comfy clothes clad on her. 

"You love me anyways" I said with a smirk as I gathered myself and got up from the floor. That hurt. Jess looked at me playfully and shaking her head took off from my room to get ready. 

Then I quickly got freshened up and put on my waitress dress. It was a pale pink color attire with white lace. It is very easy to imagine, it's something you might see every other waitress wearing. If you ask me if being a waitress was something that I dreamt of becoming then the answer is a straight no. Ever since I gained consciousness, I have only dreamt of becoming a dancer. Had the situations and circumstances been in my favor, I would have achieved my dreams but sadly life isn't in anyone's control. Except for the almighty of course.

 Shaking my head, I went to the kitchen to find Jess already ready. She is fast. But not as much as me. I have the record of getting ready in 95 seconds. Yeah, being lazy teaches you that. 

"Lets go I am ready". I said and we both took our things, locked the apartment and left for work. The café we worked in, wasn't really far from our home. It was just a 15 minutes walk. Neither of us actually had a car, so it was better to walk then to spend money on taxi or cab.

And honestly the best thing about being with Jessica is that I don't have to be embarrassed or pretend to be someone else in front of her. She was in many ways like me too. Her parents are still alive but they are divorced. She stayed with them till she 15 years old but when the family arguments started turning violent and abusive, she  left home. She is the person who never takes shit so that explains her escaping the 'hell' as she calls it. Two years back, she got the news over the phone that her parents were divorced now and she had the choice to stay with anyone of them. But Jess being Jess declined the offer and said that she was 18 and as a adult was allowed to do as she pleases. Thus she continues to live in with me. Yes, she is actually one of the most mature and strongest people I have met in my entire life.