34. Seeing

Bokuto laid down, laughing as Akaashi fell on top of him. They'd gone for a run and Bokuto had raced Akaashi to the apartment, both tripping over things. Akaashi simply had jumped over a pile of extra coat hangers on the floor and tackled Bokuto.

"Woah, woah you're gonna like die of dehydration there Kashi. Water before anything else."

Akaashi kissed Bokuto's cheek. "I love you!"

Bokuto flipped him over. "I love you too but you need more water."

Akaashi rolled his eyes. "I don't. You know what I do need though?"

"I feel like this is turning south fast."

"Yes."

Bokuto propped himself up on his elbows. He kissed Akaashi's forehead. "What did you have in mind?"

"Our package came in yesterday. And we already know that I stay clean. So..."

"Oh is it tonight?! I know I wrote it down somewhere!" Bokuto hurriedly grabbed his phone and noticed the little pink indicator on his calendar. On it was simply the detail of "omfg I'm topping" and that was it.

Akaashi hummed. "Guess before work I gotta take a special bath."

Bokuto blushed. "Can you use the lavender soap?"

"You always like the lavender soap when we have sex. Why would I just not use it?"

Bokuto kissed Akaashi before hurrying to get cleaned up and changed so he could go to work. Akaashi got himself a bath ready, cleaning up himself when Bokuto left.

He went through the normal steps of cleaning and shaving. Today was a Saturday, a day he only worked four hours as a receptionist. He had hours to clean and to prepare himself. Ever since getting Bokuto to open up and allow him to do things they'd had sex every other night, Bokuto so much more active than he had thought.

He was grateful for every touch given to him but God was he horny. Akaashi would sometimes be coming home and hear things he wasn't thinking or would try to get ready for bed only for Bokuto to crawl up and start rubbing his stomach. It wasn't unwelcome, just a bit startling at first.

Bokuto enjoyed it thoroughly and so did Akaashi, this becoming a game of cat and mouse for them.

Bokuto would be sneaked up on just as much as Akaashi and they had nearly gotten a complaint from their nurse neighbor about a thud that had been Bokuto being pinned against the wall. It was fun though.

"Keiji!"

Akaashi looked up from their bed. "Hm?"

"Are you ready and everything?"

"Mhmm." Akaashi leaned forward. "What? Nervous? It's normal to be nervous."

"Not really actually. I'm just a little scared that we'll get a complaint."

Akaashi hummed softly. He took out a bag from under the bed and set it down. "How about we do this calmly then? Gentle foreplay and I'll be quiet so just you can hear me."

"Oh my God I can't tell if this is flirting."

"Well I'm trying a bit."

Bokuto took his hand and got him to lay down, kissing his cheeks. "You're cute."

Akaashi laughed. He kissed Bokuto. Being under him in the dim light was okay but something felt off.

"How was work?"

Akaashi gulped. This was bad. All of his preparation was going to waste over feeling off right now.

Bokuto started to touch his neck, a usual nice feeling place but he grabbed his hand, sitting up. "No!"

Bokuto turned on the light and held Akaashi. "Okay, okay that's a no. Relax sunshine. No more touching. Relax."

Akaashi tried his best not to freak out but the salt lamp had looked red and red lights were the one that always had to be on. He had been submissive during sessions with red lights and taken advantage over it.

Bokuto kissed his hair over and over, kissing his hair. "I've got you. It's okay. How about we relax in bed with something good to eat and see if Kenji wants to show us pictures of Jun?"

Akaashi felt his tears start to well up and decided right then and there that he was done talking for the night. He clung to Bokuto, simply needing the comfort.

"I've got you. I promise."

Akaashi nodded.

Bokuto kissed his hair and put the bag back under the bed, rocking still. Akaashi was carried to the kitchen where they ate cereal instead of dinner and clung to each other.

Bokuto held Akaashi's hands, kissing over his lavender scented skin. "I love you... I love you."

Akaashi looked at Bokuto, who looked so worried. He had made him so worried...

"Have I ever told you how much I love your hands? You have such nice feeling hands and your nails are so pretty." Bokuto kissed his palms. "Your wrists are really nice feeling too. And your arms are smooth. Not hairless which I appreciate because that would be a bit odd. They feel nice when you hug me."

Akaashi listened as Bokuto whispered praise into the silent apartment. It was all directed towards Akaashi, who gladly took it. His mind lifted from its heavy place and he just sort of laid in Bokuto's hold. Bokuto rubbed shapes into his back, eyes closed as he rocked.

"I love you Keiji..."

Akaashi held Bokuto's cheek, warm. His whole body was relaxed and for once he was calm. No more touching in bad places. No more yelling and getting overwhelmed.

All he felt and saw was Bokuto's love. It was lovely to just be held in a rose petal soft touch.

This way he didn't have to see anything else. No more seeing scary things.

No more seeing red.

FIN