Chapter 39 - Get Up, Now

Eric burped while he stumbled inside the house, barely able to carry his own weight and almost falling face first onto the ground when he tried to unlace his sneakers. The same was going on with Nate who forgot to lock his door and leaned his back against the wall, taking a moment in attempt to sober up even the slightest before pushing off his sneakers.

"I'm staying the night," Eric announced, starting to make his way to the couch.

Nate frowned, walking towards the kitchen. "You're not."

"I'm already here." He plopped down on the couch, slurring his words. "Might as well."

"I never said you could."

"Well, you invited that random dude over." The moment he said that, Nate's heart skipped a beat. He didn't know that Eric had overheard that conversation but he didn't think he had done anything wrong. Besides, they had recently reconciled; there was nothing going on between them. "But I can't stay over?"

"Why don't you ask the girl you were making out with?"

From the living room, he saw Eric's sit up as he stared towards the kitchen, watching Nate pour himself a glass of water with a narrowed look lowering his eyebrows. "So that's what this is about?"

"About what?"

"Don't play dumb with me." Eric pushed himself to his feet, his tone suddenly reaching lower levels while he made his way towards the kitchen. Nate hadn't expected that, his jaw tightening as he watched Eric approach him. "You were mad I made out with the girl. That's why you tried to get back at me with that guy."

Nate snorted, rolling his eyes and taking a sip of his water. "Please, you're so full of yourself. You were not in my mind whatsoever, Eric."

"I could literally feel your eyes burning the side of my face."

"Then someone else was staring because I was not even—"

"Just admit it to me, Nathan."

Eric's warmth suddenly overwhelmed him as he stepped closer to Nate, terribly close that Nate felt as if he was hovering over him. He could hear Eric's heartbeat by how close they were, and when he glanced upwards, his breathing stopped when he realized Eric's lips were right there, millimetres away. His drunken brain instantly started eliciting the hormones he didn't want, especially not towards Eric because the moment his body began to throb, itching to reach forward and embrace, he knew that something would happen.

As if it wasn't bad enough, Eric placed a palm on Nate's waist, his fingers squeezing tightly and exhaled a long breath, one that he knew would make Nate's throat clench from his resistance to his desires. "You wanted me tonight."

There was no way he would admit to it, at least sober Nate wouldn't and didn't want to. However, drunken Nate, the one that wanted any sort of touch possible whenever his mind had been overwhelmed by alcohol, was willing to admit to anything if it meant being caressed and loved for a couple hours.

His breath was shaky, setting down his glass of water and finally meeting the droopy blue eyes of Eric who tilted his head to the side, as if the angle himself correctly for their lips to connect. "I...I-I did..." he muttered, feeling embarrassed that it escaped his lips. As much as he had tried to ignore it, Eric was and would always be one of the handsomest people he'd ever be around, and it was not easy to ignore all the memories that rushed through his mind whenever Eric merely touched him.

He saw the small smirk pull Eric's lips before he chuckled and pulled Nate closer. "You feel it, I feel it too. I don't know if it's because we're drunk or if we might have feelings for each other, but you feel this attraction."