Chapter 9

-Jack POV-

"Han, let me explain." was the first thing I said to her when I walked in.

"I don't want to hear it Jack." She snapped and wiped tears away. She stood up and tried to push pass me but I grabbed her hand and pulled her to me.

"Please just listen - you don't understand." I said weakly.

"What don't I understand?" She asked. "You kissed some other girl - more than kissed by the looks of it - and you didn't even tell me about it."

"Because i didnt want to hurt you Hannah! I couldn't..." I sighed and pulled her closer even though she was fighting against it.

"Because you're a coward! You did more than hurt me Jack! You're so selfish." She yelled in my face. She's right.

"Because I knew I'd lose you! After that kiss, everything changed, especially my feelings towards you." I sighed and wished she'd just listen. "I want you Hannah."

Tears trickled down her face. "All those things you said this morning - "

"Is the truth Hannah." I explained

" - Are just lies Jack." She finished. Her heart was breaking and I'm the reason.

"You know that was real Hannh! You know I wasn't lying about that especially how I feel about you."

She didn't say anything.

"I didn't even kiss her Han, she did and i pulled away. Those photos are just putting things into your head." I explained

More silence

"Please believe me...please." I pleaded. "I don't want to lose you."

"You never had me.'' She said coldly, yanking her hand out of my grip and walking into my room. The door slammed shut.

I kicked the coffee table in anger. I didn't kiss Melissa, she kissed me. There's a very big difference but Hannah doesn't believe that and it made me feel angry.

I've known Melissa my whole life, in highschool we dated and continued the relationship after school. Until she hooked up with my bestfriend - Sammy. It was my first heartbreak and I couldn't even look at her ever since that.

Sammy and i were closer ever since because he swore to never get with another one of my girlfriends. I don't even know what Melissa was doing there or even in Nebraska. She moved away a year ago.

I was going to knock on the bedroom to try and talk to Hannah. I wasn't prepared to lose a girl so genuine for something so stupid and such a set up.

Just before I could knock, the door burst open and JJ and Megan came in. Megan lookes at me murderously. I took a step back just incase.

"Don't worry Jackass." she said rolling her eyes. "JJ told me what happen last night."

"I didn't kiss Melissa first, she did. I swear." I said hoping they believed me.

"We know." JJ said. "It was a total set up. By Sammy of all people."

"Where's Hannah by the way." Megan asked worriedly.

"Set up?" I asked JJ. "She's in the room probably crying while plotting my death."

Megan made a start to our bedroom but I stopped her. "I think we should give her space, she's more hurt than I thought."

They agreed and we left to a restaurant for dinner. My mind still whirling around the fact like one of my friends would set me up to hurt Hannah. Why would he...