Chapter 14

Song of the Chapter
Ed Sheeran - Even My Dad Does Sometimes.

Its amazing guys! *cries*
________

-Hannah POV-

"Hey Jack." she -Melissa- smiled seductively at my fiancé. She leaned in and kissed both his cheeks, he let go of my hand and hugged her too intensely than I liked.

"Hey Lis." He smiled. Lis? Cute nickname Jack.

"He doesn't have feelings for her." Cameron said next to me. I jumped a little not realizing he was next to me. Did I look like I need reassurance? Maybe...

"I don't really care." I lied. "She seems to be entertaining him well enough."

"That's depressing." He laughed drily. "Let's go get some travel snacks."

"Cam and I are heading to the bar!" I yelled over the talking. Everyone asked for certain snacks but Jack and Melissa were in a interesting convo. I don't even think he noticed us leaving.

"So, how's engaged life?" Cameron asked stupidly. We looked at each other and burst out laughing at the same time.

"Okay let's pretend that I didn't ask such a silly question." Cameron laughed.

"Let me start. What do you do for a living Cameron?" But we both burst out laughing again. People shot us strange looks as we stood in line at the bar and snickered.

"Why are we even laughing?" I asked after we bought a couple of snacks.

"At cliché get-to-know-me questions? I have no idea Hannah!" He wiped away tears of laughter. I smiled at him. It was a genuine smile and I almost forget about Melissa until I saw her still talking to Jack when Cam and I walked back.

"Hey." Cameron nudged. "I'll kill Gilinsky later."

"Thanks Cam." I smiled. I knew we'd get along really well.

"You're welcome Han." He winked.

"What are you welcome for Cam?" Jack's voice interrupted. I felt his hand around my shoulders.

Cam snickered. "We were just cracking a few jokes, ya know." He nudged me and walked off to Nash who was skateboarding. I frowned, who skateboards in an airport anyway?

"What's that about?" Jack asked casually but I heard jealousy laced in his voice.

"Nothing we just went to buy some trail mix and stuff. You were too busy with your friend to notice." I shot back and went to sit at a boarding chair. A few minutes passed and Jack sat next to me.

"Sorry." He said. I ignored his lame apology.

"Hannah? Cmon. Don't ignore me, Melissa and I are just friends."

"Thats good." I smiled at him. Is he really that thick?

"Don't know what I did wrong Hannah! Fuck this shit." He got up and left. What just happened?

Just as I suspected he was sitting with Melissa. I bit back tears and thanked God they called our flight. Jack helped Melissa with her bags like I didn't exist anymore. My heart was kind of sore yeah.

I grabbed my stuff and walked to the plane, a hand grabbed one of my bags. "I got it."

It was Cameron. "Thanks Cam." I sniffed and couldn't stop the tears flowing now. He took his shades off and handed them to me, that was a smart move.

"Don't be so hard about it. Jack and Melissa have known each other for years so its natural. Don't show him you're hurt." He adviced me as we boarded the plane.

"You're literally the best Cam." I said and hugged him briefly. Unfortunately we parted ways and went to our assigned seats and I was sitting next to Jack.

I sat next to him and kept quiet, still had Cam's shades on so he didn't suspect I was crying earlier.

"So you and Cam are besties now?" Jack said coldly.

"Friends. He's a good guy." I shrugged but I really wanted to slap him for being a jealous jerk when he's having a reunion with his ex.

"Why you're wearing his shades?"

"It was sunny out."

How quickly things could change between Jack and I when it came to jealousy. I feel like I'm the only jello one here because he seems happy with Melissa. He pulled the glasses off just a tear escaped my eyes.

"Hannah..."

"Don't say anything Jack please." I looked the other way. I was full on crying. Jack looked down pretending that I wasn't hurt at all. He threw Cam's shades angrily in my lap.

-

I had fallen asleep. Before I could open my eyes from the small nap, I felt Jack's hand stroke my hair. My head was on his shoulder. Nash was sitting on the other side of Jack, they were chatting.

"You should really watch out for Melissa Jack." Nash said eating Trailmix. He's always eating. "She hates Hannah and I'd hate to see Hannah pay for Melissa's dumbass."

"Everyone thinks I still have feelings for her and I don't." Jack raised his voice a little. I could feel his anger building so I pretended to still be sleeping.

"Whether or not you still do, figure that shit out before it ruins what you have with Han because she's the one." He shrugged. I reminded myself to kiss Nash later.

"He's right." Shawn poked his head from the seat infront of us. And kiss Shawn. "Arranged marriage or not, we've never seen you happier before."

"I know she is. I don't even look at women in that way ever since Hannah. This feels like more than just an arranged marriage." Jack said.

That made my heart melt abit. Jack rarely said sweet things to his friends especially about a girl. Part of me felt better because I know he doesn't have feelings for Melissa but things do change.

Jack continued to stroke my hair gently, his eyes on me. I couldn't see the love in them but I felt it.

"You really like her eh?" Nash sighed.

"She's my everything now. My world." Jack said immediately and kissed my forehead gently.