44

Nina had fallen asleep.

That decision didn't come as a surprise to the three SHIELD agents on the jet as, although they didn't know the full extent, they were sure that the process of getting her memories back must have been exhausting. Going from such a personal change to immediately being launched into a plan to work with a traitor and restraining herself from killing him, yeah, no one could fault her for being tired.

She was laying across a few seats, with her head on Hunter's lap, in deep sleep. Fitz had looked at her, blushing slightly as he remembered the days they'd wake up beside each other but no one was able to tease him before sound came from the monitor once more.

"We're landing? Already?" Bakshi asked List confused, "I thought Strucker was in eastern Europe."

"He is. But first, we're making a stop," the man responded, "have you heard of quantum entanglement, Mr Bakshi?"

"No, I'm afraid not."

"Well, we at Hydra, for the last several months, actually-" as he began to get technical, Hunter groaned.

"Quantum entanglement?" he said, the vibration his voice caused in his body resulting in the light sleeper waking up. Nina didn't pull herself off Hunter immediately, and simply turned her head to see the monitor, "it sounds like a method of torture."

No one reacted to the words of the British soldier and they all focused on List as he continued to speak, "we have found incidents of photon intensity so great that particles can exist simultaneously in two spaces over great distances."

"Never liked science or big words," Hunter said as he shook his head and Nina chuckled slightly.

"That's why I had to sneak in one of Tony's toys into your GSCEs so you'd at least pass," Nina whispered and Hunter smiled before holding a finger to his lips, the memory of Nina's voice in his ears for his exams was one of their best-kept secrets.

"This is a quantum entanglement bridge," List said, responding to something Bakshi had said, "we think it was created by a powered person, one we intend to capture."

"The teleporter," a light flashed in Fitz's eyes and everyone focused on him, "they're tracking the teleporter. The one that, um, took Cal in Wisconsin and- and Raina."

At that confirmation, Nina sat up. She pulled the hair tie that had been in her hair out and allowed her locs to fall out of her loose ponytail before redoing the hairstyle.

"Gordon?" she asked, causing Fitz to shift his focus on her. His eyes trailed to her exposed abdomen for a moment before she lowered her arms and her skin was once again hidden.

"You know the teleporter?" Ward asked, he'd cocked his head as he did so. In the years he'd known Nina, she'd never had much experience with powered people and he found it hard to believe that she knew a teleporter that he assumed was a SHIELD agent.

"I know a lot of people," was her response. One that she uttered without so much as looking at him.

"Can you get him on the line?" Coulson asked and Nina shook his head.

"We didn't exactly exchange phone numbers," she answered, "he pops up when you call on him but I doubt he'll come now. He doesn't really approve of my current... company."

Nina's response was quite vague and where everyone assumed that she was referring to Ward and Kara, she was actually referring to that duo and the SHIELD agents. She might not have been at Afterlife for long but she knew very well how much the inhumans didn't trust SHIELD.

"Okay," Coulson sighed, "then we follow them to him. Once we find him we get Cal... and Skye back."

Before Nina was able to remind Coulson that Skye had remained at Afterlife voluntarily and that she didn't need rescuing, Ward spoke and she knew she couldn't disclose their changes in front of him.