Bait

The Chief kept pacing up and down the room, tension plastered on his face. In that gloomy room the three men were all tensed, worried what to do about the troublesome case.

A maniac is running around the town killing people and them being the protector of law are unable to do anything.

And that is exactly what was written on the newspapers scattered on the chief's desk.

"This is absurd!!" the chief finally spoke, standing near the window looking outside at the city. "the whole world is laughing at us! People think that this murderer is some vigilant who is more capable of catching and punishing the criminals than us!" he turns around and look at the two officers sitting. One looking down and the other was looking at him with no expression on his face. What can Jungkook say, when he himself has been so ruffled by all these. Hoseok, on the other hand, was just disappointed at himself and at his team.

Jungkook peeled off his gaze from the chief and looked at all the headlines of the newspaper. Everything that happened in this case started to play on his mind. The victims, the style of murder and the vigilant himself.

His mind started to recall the motives of the murderer. What was he seeking? In every single case it was evident what the maniac wanted, even he himself said what he wanted... JUSTICE. For those who have been wronged, so for that what he does? He punishes the one who did the wrong.

Jungkook stands up and goes close to the window standing beside the Chief.

"Sir have you ever caught a mouse" he asks in a curious tone, looking outside. The chief frowns and looks at him

"What?"

Jungkook turns half way and looks at him "its never too easy to catch a mouse sir. They are quick and can hide very easily" he turns completely and starts to walk down the room in a slow manner "but they can be caught. Through a trap. You create a situation for the mouse where it thinks that no one is watching so it moves towards their goal...a small piece of cheese and just when it enters the cage to get the cheese" Jungkook claps his hand together and turns around to face the chief again "you close the cage and it is trapped!!"

"You want to lay a trap for the murderer?" Hoseok stood up and looked at him

Jungkook nodded with a smirk while the chief was rubbing his chin

"it is visible that this guy only targets the ones who did something extremely wrong but went unpunished so this time we will find him that person who he would want to kill to serve justice. But that will be a trap!"

The chief looks at him and says in his deep voice" I think it is a good plan but we need to be very careful if something goes wrong the whole department will face defamation "

" We will take care of it sir, we will make sure that the purpose is served"jungkook assured.

"But whom can we use as the bait?" asked Hoseok

Jungkook walked towards the desk. He knew what he was doing and maybe Hoseok will question him alot for this and even argue with him but he knew that person will be the perfect bait.

He takes up a newspaper and shows the front page to the men. As he expected Hoseok widened his eyes and looked at him

"Jung Jungse" Jungkook pointed at the front page of the newspaper where the obnoxious man was grinning like the grinch.

Namjoon just finished his singing at the bar. He was exhausted, not only physically but mentally. With the tired body he went in the backyard where all the other waiters and staff members relaxed.

With the others he started to smoke. Suddenly his eyes fell on something. Namjoon threw away his cigarette and went closer to it.

"So the boss caught it afterall" he said looking at the mouse trapped inside the cage, trying so hard to get out.

"yeah" one of waiters said puffing his cigarette "it was creating too much nuisance, the boss might just kill it later on"

Namjoon looked back at the waiter and looked again at the mouse.

He then took the cage and started to walk out

"hey hey where are you taking it let the boss kill it...it will only create nuisance wherever it goes...dont take such a trouble home man" said the waiter

Without turning back he said "who said I am taking it home"

Namjoon was now standing near the jungle with the cage in his hand.

He crouch down and kept the cage on the floor.

"Everyone thinks you are a nuisance but no one understands. Everyone justifies their own actions no one understands your reasons. They only understand what meets the eye but not what is going on beneath. You mean no harm my friend, so don't be where they will harm go where they shall cherish you" with that namjoon opened the door and set it free.

He stood there watching the rat run into the forest

Forever adoring their bond ❤️