Chapter Thirty Two : Yes, A Very Stupid Idea

Y/n's POV:

Molly was one of the sweetest people you will ever meet and I meant it wholeheartedly. She treated every child that came to her home as if they where her own and was the most generous person I could think of. And the reason for me saying this is because, she gave us even more reason this morning.

We where all enjoying a breakfast Molly and I had cooked the day after I had arrived, sitting and chatting away as if we hadn't seen eachother in forever. Arthur had to leave early for work once again.but Molly had made sure to pack him a few of the things we'd made, including some of his favourites from yesterday's Dinner. I had caved and gifted Molly her Muggle cook book early, bringing a few of my own ingredients from home to cook with her in her kitchen. A bowl of home-made yoghurt being one of them. Turns out, it was a Weasley family favourite.

And once we'd all finished our meals, Molly sat down to share some good news. "Since we've already let a few of you have some friends over during the Summer, Arthur and I have decided to let you bring some more friends stay with us this time to."

We began to cheer but Molly quickly stopped us. "I'm only letting this happen because there are less kids in the house now that both Bill and Charlie have moved out. But that doesn't mean I'll let you all bring however, this isn't a farm house." We stopped our celebrations but nodded understandingly.

"Y/n, Fred and George will have to decide on one friend to bring with you and the same goes for Percy." The Twins looked a bit dissapointed but didn't dare say another word. Percy and I both silently agreed. "Ron and Ginny have already decided to bring Harry along so he will be joining us to. Do you guys need time to decide who to bring?" Molly had asked the Twins, Percy and I.

The Twins whispered between themselves. "Hey," I said. "I'm a part of this conversation to."

They shrugged. "No need, we can't bring anyone. Lee can't because he's visiting his family in Germany and Aria is- well..." Fred trailed off, realising what he'd just insinuated.

Everyone's mood quickly shifted.

"Right." I said, looking down at my plate.

Percy immediately recognised the look on my face and tried his best to move back to our previous conversation. "But can't you guys bring someone else?" He asked.

My mood lifted as an idea popped into my head. "Oh that's right! We can ask Callum."

Whereas Fred's seemed pleased with the idea, George had an un-recognisable look on his face. "Oh yeah- he's cool."

I let out a short of half-laugh with a smirk on my face. "Cool?" I chuckled.

He blushed, fidgeting nervously. "Yeah ya know, he's ok."

Fred ruffled his hair, laughing. "Looks like Georgie agrees. Callum it is."

Molly smiled. "Sounds good. Do any of you guys know his address?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I do. I can send him an Owl."

Molly clasped her hands together happily. "Good. Now Percy, who are you bringing?"

"Penelope is staying at her girlfriends over the Holidays, but I could always bring Oliver." Percy shrugged.

Oh...great, I thought, Oliver, George and Callum under the same roof...this won't become a disaster at all.

Molly smiled. "Good. Not that that's sorted, you can all go and send off your Owl's."

Everyone else ran up the stairs, quick to grab their quills and fancy new parchment to send their letters right away. But I stayed behind, instead deciding to help Molly with the dishes. I began to stack some of the plates on the table and bring them over to the counter but they lifted up in the air and moved their themselves. I had panicked a little, thinking I had accidentally used magic outside of school without realising it, but quickly laughed it off when I realised it was Molly who had done it.

"I keep forgetting that you can use magic." I chuckled.

Molly had an amused smile on her face. "It's alright sweetheart. Now go!" She ushered me up the stairs, quick to go back to her dishes. I laughed it off and ran up the rest of the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as I was getting Y/o/n prepared to send the letter to Callum away, a familiar looking Owl flew through my window. I sighed, petting the poor creature and fed it some seeds as I took the letter attached to its leg. Just by the writing itself and the accesive amount of hearts drawn around my name, I could already tell who wrote it. I begrudgingly ripped open the letter and read it.

To my dearest Y/n,

Roses are red, violets are blue
I'm here to remind you that you're pretty cute.

Liam.

His 'poems' where getting worse by the day and he still wasn't taking the hint that I was just not interested and so I gave up even responding in the first place. I ripped the entire letter in half and threw the pieces into a bin nearby.

"What was that?" A sudden voice asked.

I jumped back in surprise. "Oh my God Percy!" I laughed, placing a hand over my chest when I realised who it was. "You scared me."

"Sorry..." He mumbled. "But why'd you just throw that letter away?" He asked, pointed to the shredded pieces of paper now laying in the bin.

"It's nothing." I said, standing in front of the bin almost protectively.

"You're a terrible liar Y/n Y/l/n." He'd said rather bluntly.

I sighed, "Fine." pulling out a strip of paper from the bin. "It's from Liam. He's been sending me 'poems' for a while and I can't seem to get rid of him." I explained in slight annoyance.

Percy glared at the piece of paper in his hands, a part of Liam's short poem written down on it, and he ripped it in half. He crumbled the rest of it up and threw it back in the bin. "How long has he been sending you these?" He asked.

"I don't know...a few weeks maybe?" I said. "Why does that matter?"

"So we can report him." He answered simply, as if it was obvious. Which it was.

"I tried, Dumbledoor isn't answering any of my messages." I explained.

He grumbled. "Of course he hasn't." I raised an eyebrow but he shook it off. "Have you tried McGonagall?"

I nodded. "Yeah but I don't know her address, and Y/o/n doesn't know the way to her place." I said, pointing at Y/o/n as she tilted her head and cherpped up at Percy. He patted her head a bit and she flew onto his shoulder in response, nuzzling her head into the crook of his neck. He stood still for a bit, not quite sure what to do.

I laughed. "Looks like she likes you."

He smiled awkwardly, petting her gingerly. "Arrol doesn't do this kinda thing, I'm not quite sure what to do here."

I chuckled, handing him a small bag of seeds. "Feed her these."

He took the bag, opening it, then throwing some of the seeds in the air for her to catch. He laughed out loud as she caught a few. "She's really clever. Poor Errol would probably bump his head if he ever tried this."

"He would." I let out another laugh.

"I have Minnie's address if you want it," Percy added, "I think she gave it to me when I first became Prefect."

I nodded. "Thank you, that would help alot. Maybe then he'll finally leave me alone." I tried to laugh at the situation, but couldn't.

Percy now had a look in his face that I couldn't not quite recognise. Sympathy? Sadness? Jealousy? Guilt even?

"You deserve so much better Y/n, I'm sorry he's being so rude to you." He said.

I sighed. "I know, I just don't know what to do anymore."

Percy bit the inside of his cheek in thought, leaning his back against the doorframe as an idea popped into his head. "I am going to go ahead as assume you've told him that you have a boyfriend to get him off your back?"

I nodded. "Yeah, but I don't think he feels threatened because he doesn't actually know or met my hypothetical boyfriend yet." I fiddled with my rings again, finding it to be a thing I did when I was concerned or nervous about something.

"Ok." Percy ruffled his hair, then crossing his arms over his chest, sighing. "I think I have an idea."