꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝙸 𝙺𝚗𝚘𝚠 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

SKYLER CURSED
as she looked at her phone where a text message from Stefan could be seen; Damon had done something stupid again and as always they needed to take care of it.

She sighed as she got out of bed, reluctantly leaving Kol behind as he slept peacefully in the spot beside where she had just been lying down. She quietly grabbed her boots and sat down to put them on before slipping her phone in her pocket and heading to leave.

As if he sensed she was trying to leave, Kol suddenly woke, appearing in front of her as she went to reach for the doorknob, her hand landing on his chest instead. He looked at her tired and pouty.

"Where are you going?" His morning voice came out low and raspy.

"Damon needs my help." She offered weakly, she would much rather stay here with him.

But the plan...

"Who cares?" He asked, giving her an almost pleading look rather than trying to win her over with charm like usual, "Stay. Please."

She hated the plan.

Skyler stared into his eyes, unable to say no but unable to say yes either.

He sighed, running a hand through his disheveled hair, "I know the plan. You should go. I'm just tired and clingy."

"You're my soulmate." She reminded him grabbing his hand, "You're allowed to be clingy."

Kol nodded, he knew that of course but he hated making her feel bad because of this stupid plan.

He hated the plan.

"Go." He told her softly, as reluctant as he would be if he was telling her to stab him in the heart, "You need to."

She nodded, just as reluctant as him.

"Hey," he called when she looked away, her eyes without hesitance went to his, "I love you."

She smiled tiredly, "I love you too."

__________

"Yesterday's clothes?" Stefan asked when she walked him up to him at the park where Mason Lockwood was supposed to be.

"Yesterday's attitude?" She retorted before asking, "So what did Damon do now?"

"The thing Damon does best," he told her, "He picked a fight."

Skyler rolled her eyes, spotting Mason over by his car.

"Looks like I found the lone wolf." She pointed out with a bit of snark. She was tired and not ready to get out of bed.

Stefan nodded, and they walked together, side by side.

Here's the thing, the twins didn't often act like twins, in fact, people often thought she was Damon's twin instead off personality alone, however, they had a few things in common one being that they'd do anything for their family even after everything, the other being that they would always protect their family.