𝘍𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢

• • •

"Everything ok?"

"Everything ok?"

"Yes, of course." I breathe out slowly, ignoring the ball in the pit of my stomach. I sit up against the headboard of my bed and adjust the way I'm holding my phone.

"What is it?" Sloan's voice questions from the other side.

"I- It's nothing." I shrug my shoulders and then realise he can't see me.

He had called me to check on the baby as he hadn't been able to catch me at college in the last week. I had been busy trying to come up with ideas for my last design he had graciously changed at the last minute. The hockey team had been preparing for the next game that was coming up.

"Evanna." I can hear the warning in his voice. It's the tell me now or else tone.

"I feel anxious, that's all."

"That's okay. This is all new, so it's to be expected." He reassures but I shake my head.

"No. Not about finding out, it's more about keeping the baby."

"You-" I hear him take a deep breath, "You have changed your mind?"

"No. Of course not." I insisted. "It's more like - I'm worried something is going to happen to the baby."

"What. Why?"

"Well, I'm not 12 weeks yet, so technically I'm not in the 'safe' zone yet and I don't know." I ramble.

"You're scared." He replied.

I sigh and feel my eyes water. The line is silent for a moment.

"Listen." Rustling comes from the other side of the phone and I distinguish he is moving to get comfortable. "Your feelings are completely valid but everything is ok. Your 10 weeks Rose only a little longer. You can do it, my little Thorn."

I nod my head. "Your right. Only 2 weeks."

After double-checking the dates of the next scan and figuring out when Sloan was next going to check in with me, we parted ways. Throwing my phone away from me on the bed, I watch as it bounces before falling to the floor.

I am not getting that.

Looking around, I try to find something to do. It's only 6 ish and I know dinner isn't until 7:30, but my stomach is rumbling. I can't be seen by mother eating so much. I have been buying food and snacks when I am out of the house and eating like a horse at college. I can't bring anything home, though. She would find them.