Chapter 7 - Y/n

♦︎_____________♦︎____________♦︎

...the next morning...

"Where would you like these Y/n-san?" 

You look over at you colleague and tap your chin. Everything was so disorganized, boxes with new shipments were coming in all at once. You walked over toward the male and asked him to set down the box. You quickly scanned the container and nodded. 

"Midori-kun!" 

"Hai!" 

"Can you please escort this gentleman back to the lab?" 

"Yes ma'am. If you would." 

You watched the two of them walk toward the hospital and let out a sigh in relief. You begin walking around to each box and mark down what shipments were received. Out of the corner of your eye you see a familiar grey-haired male waltz through. Trying his hardest not to trip over any boxes. 

You watch him grip onto his backpack straps and looks lost in thought. Making him bump into one of the workers. 

"Hey watch it!" 

"Sorry." 

"Yo, Scarecrow! Going somewhere?"

Kakashi quickly pivots to your direction and rubs the back of his head. You walk over curiously and he pauses. 

"Got a new mission and heading out. What's up with all of these boxes?" 

"Supplies for the hospital. You seem distraught? Something on your mind?" 

"No? Why do you ask?" 

You squinted at him in annoyance. Was he just that stupid or... 

"Right, Anyway. If you could not bump into anymore of my co-works, that'd be great." 

"R-right." 

Kakashi tapped his foot on the ground and smiled. You tilted your head in confusion watching Kakashi's new found emotion. 

"Anyway, I should get back to work. Good luck on your mission." 

"Thanks." 

Just like that you watched him waltz of with a pep in his step. Whatever you said seemed to get him back on track. What a weird guy you thought. 

"WAAAH, Y/n-san!" 

You turn around and see boxes sprawled all over the road. You grit your teeth together and let out a low chuckle. 

"What happened here?" 

You watch the young teen kneel down on the road and placed his head on the ground. Repeating over and over again that he was sorry. 

"Please, stop making a scene. Get up! Look it's fine. Please put the items back into their respective boxes." 

The young lad got up and scrambled around quickly placing things into boxes. You knew that they weren't going back into the right boxes. Thinking about all the extra work you were now tasked with because of this incident. Now begging for no more interruptions so, you could go back to your apartment. 

You were excited to open your package from Nobu that arrived this morning. Maybe it was more sweet buns or merchandise from back home. To be honest you didn't care what it was, it was the thought the mattered the most. 

________

After a long day of running around from building to building. You managed to move all of the boxes out of the road and into their respective cabinet spaces. Of course it wasn't easy but, you were glad you had help. Sliding open your apartment door you quickly kick off your shoes and run into the living room where the package sat. 

But, to your surprise the box was open. You quickly ran over and looked inside. Tears threatened to spill from the corner of your eyes. Everything was torn to shreds even the hand written note Nobu had written for you. 

"Who the hell did this?!" 

You feel onto your knees and push the box to the side. You saw a picture frame that was broken and glass spilled onto the dark hardwood floors. You hands shook and you grabbed the photo from the frame. Tracing your thumb over the crinkled edges. Just like that your day was ruined, the one thing you looked forward to was know gone. 

"I'll never forgive whoever did this."