Epilogue - C (Part - 02)

--------------------------- October 2014 - Dehli

Arnav entered into the room, taking his watch off. He went to his side of bed and put his mobile and watch on the side table. His eyes scan the room as he couldn't see Khushi. He pressed his lips when his eyes landed on Khushi at the poolside sitting on the outer boundary of the pool, her face towards the water. He knew what she must be thinking. He has been noticing her for the past few days, she is her usual self in front of the family members, but there were moments when no one was around ... her face would take over a more wistful look, sadness took over her features. This time too, she seems lost in thoughts. And he knows the reason.

Payal is pregnant.

They had been given the good news just few days back. Everyone was happy with the news ... Khushi too. But she was sad that it was not her. She was not pregnant.

Arnav knew well that she wanted more kids. They haven't discussed about having a baby of their own since the last time they had a conversation on their reception and then once again when Anjali was few months pregnant. Arnav wanted to wait. He still feels irritated sharing her with Arush. He was afraid that if another baby comes, her attention will be more on the baby than him. He knows babies are a kind of a full time job in their own. They need constant attention and time. And he was also afraid that he wouldn't be a good father. Even after Khushi and Anjali's repetitive assurances and his relationship with Arush being more open and better, he still feel sometimes that what he is doing is not enough. He is lacking in his role as a father. He had this same concerns regarding new baby. Khushi had assured him when the baby comes everything will fall into their own places. But he knows its better said than done. He wanted more time to learn the patience and responsibilities of being a father.

Now seeing Khushi like this, sad and lost in thoughts ... giving falsesmiles to everyone, he wanted to fulfill her wish. There is only one thing forhim that is above all else ... that is ... loving his Khushi unconditionallyand seeing her happy and healthy.

She had done many things for him, changed some of her habits and choices to please him. Just 2 days back he had asked her what is making her sad. He had even hinted about whether its because she is not pregnant and Payal is, but Khushi just brushed it aside telling him that she is just missing her parents or she is feeling tired. And when he directly asked her if she wanted a baby of her own she would just smile at him and tell him that they agreed to wait and they have time. Even then she was giving more importance to his choice and wishes.

May be now is the time for him, to make a major change for his Khushi, because he cannot see Khushi like this ... his heart pinches whenever he caught her sad look. He went over to the poolside and slides the doors. Khushi head move towards him hearing the sound of sliding door being opened. Khushi stands up seeing Arnav coming to him.

"Your meeting is done?", she asked, giving a small smile to Arnav, "Come lets sleep now. Its already very late".
Arnav grabs her arm to stop her, "Khushi, I know whats going on with you", he said seriously.
"What you mean Anavji?", asked Khushi, "I was just waiting for you".

Arnav shakes his head, "I know why you are like this for the past few days". Khushi opens her mouth to reply but Arnav cut her, "No ... don't repeat the same sentence that you are missing your parents. If that was the case you would already have your suitcase packed, ready to go to Mumbai. I know why you are sad. And I understand. If you want we can try".

Khushi looked on questioningly, her mind running many scenarios in her head ... is he ready? What does he mean? Is he talking about ...?

"For the baby Khushi", said Arnav completing her thought process.
"I know you want it and I know it's making you sad", said Arnav and paused for a few seconds looking to the side, "So I think we can try for it now".