107: Internship (4)

Chapter 107: Internship (4)

The Interns were supposed to spend the next week with their mentors, all the time. In other words, they had to sleep in their place as well.

So, after training ended Rumi took a shower first and then Neji did too before going to rest.

However, that night, Neji couldn't get a good night's sleep.

Not because anything 'special' had happened, but because he had to sleep on the couch.

Because there was only one bed in the entire mansion. Truly, it was as empty as it suggested from the dining room.

Rumi offered the bed to Neji out of courtesy, while wanting to sleep on the couch herself. But Neji was a gentleman, he couldn't let her sleep on the couch after spanking her ass for two hours straight. She needed something soft to lie down on. That's why he took the couch for himself.

'I should have called mom to send some beds...'

Hours later, he was woken up neither by the chirping of birds nor by the ray of sunlight falling over his face. Instead, he was startled awake by the excited voice of Rumi Usagiyama.

"Wake up, it's already 5 AM!"

At Rumi's yell, Neji's eyebrows twitched as his eyelids sprung up.

"What...?" He rubbed his eyes a bit before sitting straight. "It's only five?"

"What do you mean only five?" Rumi said, grinning from beside the couch as she stood with a hand on her waist. "I took a morning shower, prepared breakfast, and talked to Ryukyu for a bit, who also is super lazy like you. God, she's so loud when she's sleepy."

She giggled. "Anyway, get freshened up and come to the dining for breakfast. We will continue our match after that-"

Neji cut her off mid-sentence. "Weren't we supposed to go out for a stroll? I am sorry, but is your butt too sore?"

"..." Rumi stared at him blankly. "Listen kid, I am a strong woman. Such minor... injuries are nothing to me. But yeah, we will go for a stroll. I almost forgot about it, my bad."

The last part was not true. She was just trying to fool him into training with her more. Not because she liked being hit on her backside, of course. But because she was now back to full energy.

But she had promised to take this seriously. Neji was still a teen, strong or not. He needed heroic education, for the most part. That's why she had called Ryukyu so early, to ask her for tips.

"Get freshened up quickly," Rumi spoke once again before stepping out of the room.

Neji gave a loud yawn as he stretched his body and strolled inside the bathroom. However, instead of washing his face and brushing his teeth in the normal boring way, he decided to use a [Cleanse Pill] just for today.

To make it seem like he did do something in the washroom, the next five minutes were spent with Neji messaging his girls.

[Yaomomo: We are staying at Ryukyu's office. She said she wouldn't go home this week to keep watch over us.]

[Neji: What about Nejire?],

[Y: She'll be staying here with me for the week. Hehe, I heard her talking to your mother about that. When your mom was constantly giggling on the phone about how Nejire-senpai was being so considerate about her future sister-in-law, her face was something you'd love to see.]

[N: Oh... Sounds like you two are getting along. A lot of development from that first slap.]

[Y: -_-]