chapter 57

We're all sitting around the dinner table. I notice that Ryujin's mom likes to take care of people. She's making sure everyone is served and has something to drink.

"What took you so long to get firewood?" Mr. Shin ask Ryujin.

"Grandpa saw us and started talking about random things" Ryujin answers.

"I'm surprised he didn't mention Travis when he was standing right there" Lisa laughs.

"Because he probably thought he was Zach or Evan" Ryujin says.

"You're really not gonna introduce Yeji to him?" Her dad ask.

"Honey, maybe some day. You know how your dad is. He can be offensive when it comes to same sex relationships" Mrs. Shin says to her husband.

"He accepted Lisa" he defends.

"Not really. He still makes comments as to why you two let Rosé marry a girl and let her stay with you. He thinks its a phase she's going through. I don't know if you notice, he doesn't really interact with Gabe" Ryujin says to her dad.

"Let's not have this kind of conversation when we have guests, please" Mrs. Shin sighs.

"So Yeji" she looks at me, "Would you like some wine?"

"Oh no thank you. I shouldn't drink" I say.

"Why?" She ask.

"I'm pregnant" as soon as I say that, her family stops eating and looks at me.

"I'm guessing Ryujin didn't tell you guys" I nervously chuckle while looking at Ryujin.

She scratches her nape, "Well I didn't think it was my news to share."

"You're pregnant? By your no good ex?" Mr. Shin slowly ask, making me nervous.

"Yes. I'm sorry" I don't know why I apologized but it felt like I should.

"Stop it!" Mrs. Shin smacks his arm then stands and walk over to me, "That's wonderful. Ignore that man over there."

She then notices what I'm wearing. "Aren't you cold?" She ask since it is autumn, almost winter and I'm wearing a summer dress.

"Ryujin, go get Yeji a jacket upstairs" before I could say that I'm fine, Ryujin is already up and running upstairs.

Ryujin comes back with a jacket in hand and help me put it on. I say thank you and she gives me a kiss on the cheek. I feel myself blushing because she just did that in front of her family and her mom right next to me.

"Make sure you eat well, okay? And if Ryujin isn't taking care of you, tell me" Mrs. Shin gives me a side hug before walking back to her seat and eat her food.

"How about you Karina? You want some wine?" Mrs. Shin now offers my sister.

"No thank you. I'm pregnant too" Karina answers.

Everyone congratulates us and seems genuinely excited. I was worried for nothing with Ryujin's family. They seem like nice people.

"I'm pregnant too" Rosé announces. All her family's eyes widen including Ryujin.

"What? You didn't say you wanted another child" Mr. Shin says.

"We wanted it to be a surprise so surprise?" Rosé says while nervously smiling.

"This so exciting. More grand babies" Mrs. Shin claps.

Ryujin leans closer to me, "I'm sorry about all this."

I smile at her, "It's okay. Your family is nice."

"You haven't touched your food though. Do you want me to feed you?" She ask.

I laugh, "I can feed myself, thank you."

I start eating while answering questions here and there. I find it crazy how they accepted me as part of their family already. They even treat Karina and Travis like one too. I feel bad now since Ryujin's experience with my family wasn't all good.

Ryujin's parents already adore Eva too. They even ask for permission if Eva can refer to them as grandma and grandpa. To some people it might be weird, but I know I want to spend my life with Ryujin so I agreed.

After dinner, I insist on helping clean up but I lost. I guess in this family when you're pregnant, you don't do house chores.

Rosé, Karina and I are in the livingroom while Yuna and Lisa help clean up. Travis and Ryujin are getting the bonfire ready with Eva and Gabe tagging along and Mr. Shin is in the crapper.

"They know were just pregnant right? Were not incapable of doing house chores" I say out loud.

"Don't look at it that way. They mean well. When I was pregnant with Gabe, I struggled with it too. They wouldn't let me help with anything. My mom's pregnancy wasn't the easiest. Back then, they weren't financially stable so she had to work hard and sometimes it would result to her having to be in mandatory bed rest or she might harm the baby" Rosé starts her story.

"My dad was a truck driver so he wasn't home a lot. It wasn't just until recently that our family started living comfortably. We almost lost this property before. Anyways, my mom in our younger years, raised us by herself when our dad was gone. She always reminded us to find a husband who will take care of us well especially when we get pregnant. Later on, when Ryujin and I came out, she told us that if by chance our partner is the one to carry the baby that we should make sure to take care of them well or she will kill us" Rosé laughs.

"Doesn't your parents hate me that Ryujin is spending money on me? She bought our tickets to come here" I say.

"No. Ryujin makes pretty decent money herself at such a young age and my parents don't really care because she helps out a lot around here" she explains.

"Does your family accept Ryujin?" Rosé ask curiously.

"It had a rough start with my mom but she's becoming okay with it" I say.

"We love Ryujin though the moment we met her. Travis and I. From the start, we saw how much she already cared about Yeji" Karina joins.

"Ryujin is serious about you. Whats your plan moving forward like where are you staying? Is she moving to Canada?" Rosé ask and I can sense sadness in her voice.

"We've talked about it once. I did mention that I would move here since she's pretty established here unlike me who's still lost" I say.

"And we told her that were okay with that" Karina adds on to what I said.

Rosé calms down after hearing that, "I'm sorry. I'll just miss her if she does end up leaving to somewhere that far."

"It's okay. I understand. You're all pretty close" I say.

Yuna joins us in the living room. "Finally, I'm off kitchen duty. I should get pregnant soon too" she jokes.

Mr. Shin walks in right behind her. "Do that and I'll beat your ass" he says.

"I know dad. I wouldn't do that. I have to become a model first before I even think about having my own child. Being an aunt is good enough. I just learned tonight that I'm gonna be an aunt of 4" she smiles while sitting down on the chair.

"Four?" Rosé ask, confuse.

"Gabe, your unborn child, Eva and Yeji's unborn child" she says like Rosé is the one being confusing.

"And I can be an Aunt to Karina's baby too" she smiles at my sister.

Ryujin and Travis walk in with the kids. "Make sure everyone dresses warm, it's starting to get chilly out there. Fire is ready though and we got smores stuff too" Ryujin announces.

"Yeji, come with me to my room please so we can give you warmer clothes" she takes my hand and lead me to her bedroom.

"What about Eva?" I ask but I look back and Eva is already wearing warmer clothes. She's wearing Gabe's clothes but at least she's warm.