Chapter 14: It's Lovely to be Seen

The group gets about halfway through Captain Marvel when almost everyone has finished their meal. Lena refused to eat her peas when Kara tried to feed them to her. She tries them herself and can barely mask the disgusted face she pulls after swallowing the offending vegetable.

The reporter tried to bribe her with ice cream, it almost worked but when the peas touched the CEO's lips, she was not having it.

The peas take a back seat, more asparagus is introduced though, and that goes better than the other greens. Maggie doesn't really have a problem, but Kara can see her eyeing the peas, she downs them with the rest of her mashed potatoes to mask the taste.

Alex is on dish duty since Sam took the brunt of the work when cooking, Kara usually helps but she heard a factory fire happened somewhere in Paris, she usually wouldn't think of leaving when Lena is like this, but the rest of her family is more than capable of handling things for a few moments.

Kara kisses Lena's head, "I'll be right back Lee."

Lena picks at the rest of her food, waiting for her girlfriend to get back, Alex is almost done with the dishes when the familiar swoop of air hits her. The soot-covered hero showers for about five minutes and the Super comes out hair dripping and smelling like freshly cut strawberries.

Lena's plate is about done, Kara takes it to Alex to wash, along with Maggies.

Kara grabs some wet wipes, Lena was playing in her food with her hands, not the first time. Lena gets bored while eating, it apparently tastes better if food was eaten with fingers.

Kara wipes each individual finger. The blonde uses two wet wipes to get the job done, and another to wipe her face from food residue.

"Let me get one of those please," Sam says from the other side of the couch. She has been eyeing Maggie, she has a little food leftover on her face and Sam knows eventually she would just end up wiping it on her clothes, and that's no good.

Kara hands her the pack of wipes without questions, then she goes to throw her used ones away.

The CFO takes the offered wipes and wipes away the remnants of food that sits on the corners of her little one's mouth. Maggie squeaks at the coldness.

Her cheeks flush a faint pink, most of her embarrassment masked by her toned brown skin.

Maggie scowls at Sam, making it known that she was not happy with the babying.

"I can clean myself."

"I know you can," Sam still scrubs away at the food-clad face, "I want to take care of you, let me bun." She says the last part while looking at her little one directly. She tries to convey her love with just a look, it seems to work well enough. The detective softens.

She lets Sam finish cleaning her face and hands. The Latina's eyes stay glued to the movie, trying to stay enraptured.

Having Sam call her bun, a nickname reserved specifically for her little moments, is triggering a drop. Before with Lena, having fun just talking like that, always put her on the in-between. She never fully dropped around the CEO before though. With her, she feels so carefree, almost like she does with her girlfriends, but they exude security, she doesn't get that without them.

She never dropped until a while ago, when they fell asleep on the couch, she just hoped that Lena didn't see her sucking her thumb like a baby, that would be embarrassing.