~ 22 ~

I guess you could say after sometime, Leo's patience wore thin, his desperation led him right into Aurora's room at night. Snapping photo after photo, of her sleeping figure, and even rewarding himself by sleeping next to her if he had enough time. He wouldn't say he was obsessed, he was just very interested in the girl, but he had to be smart about how he did things. She might be a heavy sleeper, but she had moments where she would snap awake at any moment, like she was startled awake, she had caught him before but seemed too sleepy to do anything.

Then the problem with Charlie, he was suspicious, checking on Aurora so often within the night that anyone would believe he wasn't sleeping at all. Leo almost got caught, thanking his lucky stars that he wore black that night because Charlie glanced over him more than twice.

His father was also determined, it wasn't everyday that a poor girl didn't want to be with a rich man. She was certainly special, with how she welcomed them with open arms despite Charlie's reluctance. She had manners, the class of a rich woman but she was living with Charlie, happy to eat at some lowly diner, and hang around lowly people. She was a mystery that he was interested in figuring out.

Leona, was a different story, while she did love the girl and loved the fact that Leo had found someone he was interested in, she knew how her son was. An exact copy of his father's attitude, whatever he wanted, he had to have and she knew just how dangerous that mindset was. She loved Richard, but she couldn't forget the fact, he threatened her parents, and even placed her brother in jail just to have her. She didn't want that for poor Aurora, she thought Leo would be different but those photos she saw on his wall, and those pictures in his phone made her nervous. She didn't know what to do, or what to say, but she was smart enough to let things play out until she saw an opening. One wrong move and she could end up dead, wife or not, Richard loved compliant things, and what she was planning was something he for sure wouldn't appreciate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Richwood, what a nice surprise, how may I help you." Nicholas gave his most award winning smile, "it's not everyday a parent willingly comes to my office without a phone call." He was simply teasing, though he enjoyed the slight redness that the man before him gained.

"Here to pick up my son." He had a crown on his face, and that one call from the principal had him almost rearranging his furniture.

"Ah yes." A grin on his face, he grabbed his phone and started dialing a number, taking his precious time, and smiling to himself at the sound of impatient foot tapping.

"He's suspended, you know, for a month." Nicholas glanced up at the red faced father, "Officer Swan is pressing charges." He grinned wider, Richard's face switching from calm, to aggressive.

"Yes I know." He spoke curtly, it wouldn't take a genius to know he didn't want to talk about it.

"Okay." After that, he ignored the man, speaking on the phone quietly. The situation was something he didn't expect to see. Aurora was in the nurse's office and he felt the need to get the Richwoods out of the school before Charlie arrived to get his daughter.

"I-Is she okay?" Richard asked after a while, Nicholas had long since put the phone down and was just staring at his computer screen, hiding away his grin, the ball was rolling.

"As fine as she can get with a broken leg, and busted head." He glanced up for a bit, "he might end up in juvenile." He spoke softly, though he knew for a fact that Leo was framed.

The real person behind the attack on Aurora being one of the Cullens who accidently knocked the girl down the stairs. He would've made that known if it was for the fact that he needed the Richwoods to act fast, and one way for that to happen is to have their heir in some serious trouble.

“Okay,” Richard nodded, the room fell silent after that, the sound of shuffling outside the office door being the only sound that was heard within the room. It would take a few minutes to get Leo here because he was sent across the school away from Aurora but he’ll be here soon.

“Is Aurora still here?” Richard signed, “in the nurse's office?” He spoke curiously but his eyes held a different story.

“No,” Nicholai lied, “she’s been transferred to the hospital minutes after the ambulance was called.” He didn’t want that man near her at the moment, he was known for doing drastic things and he didn’t want him to suddenly attempt anything extra.

“Shame, I wanted to apologize for my son's actions.” He signed, though he made no further comment.

“Once she’s allowed visitors, I’ll be sure to inform you.” He bother looking at the man, choosing to instead occupied himself with communicating with Miranda, that was helping the nurse out with Aurora.

“That’ll be well appreciated.” Richard smiled, and let it drop after a few seconds, pulling out his phone to text whoever.

Though the situation was sticky, there was nothing that could be really done at the moment, but the Cullens, he’ll have to have a talk with them. Their supposed to be watching the girl, but ended up hurting her, if she was a normal human, that fall she took could’ve killed her.

“Miranda, be a doll, and set up an appointment with Esme.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~