[ 6 ]

CHAPTER SIX
- THE ACCIDENT -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

...

Her body flew like a feather down the stairs of the school. Her heart began to beat faster and faster as voices of other students who were watching echoed in her ears. She felt like she was going to die any moment now.

"Capture this moment!"
"OMG, look over there!"
were the most said phrases in that short time by fellow students at the school. She felt deep down inside that all those cameras were focused on her, even though she couldn't see it.

She felt it, she felt it inside.

And BANG!

Her body hit the surface.

Wait...

She didn't even hit the cold, hard and dirty floor of the school, as she had thought. No, she fell on something completely different than that. She didn't even know what it was yet. Her eyes were still as closed as before.

The floor is hard, but what she was falling on now felt so much softer than that. But, what?

"Argh~" A voice groaned in pain.

Jiwoo finally opened her eyes when she heard a voice, she landed on a person... Her face was facing the ceiling, what didn't allow her to see who it was. The view showed students who had the cameras of their phones pointed at her. Jake could be seen in the middle of the crowd.

"Jiwoo!" He shouted and ran down the stairs towards her. When he had arrived at her, he held out his hand to her. Jiwoo took his hand and he slowly lifted her up. Quickly he wrapped his arms around her and gave her a few pats on the back, "You okay?"

She frowned her eyebrows. That voice...

She was stuck with it in her head. She hadn't yet turned herself around or given the person she was hitting a glance at at all.

Another groan sounded from that same voice, it was obviously a boy's voice.

"You okay, Jiwoo?" Jake repeated his question again.

Jiwoo interrupted his hug by giving him a light push on his chest. She nodded briefly.

Most of all, she wanted to turn herself around NOW and see who she had hit, who she had fallen on, until a loud scream echoed through the school hallway.

"Sunghoon! Are you okay?!"

Jiwoo gasped and her eyes widened. Sunghoon? Sunghoon as Park Sunghoon, her crush?

Is this a dream? Is this real?

Suddenly, a thump felt in Jiwoo's head. She suddenly felt dizzy and lightheaded. Nauseous.

She turned herself around and saw Sunghoon lying there on the ground. With his right hand, he was rubbing his face. Jay came running down the end of the hallway towards the accident and crouched down next to Sunghoon as he arrived. Behind Jay, Eunji ran.

"What happened?" Jay asked worriedly as he saw his best friend lying on the ground in that state. He held out his hand so Sunghoon could take it and he could help him up.

"Screw you," Sunghoon said coldly as he slapped Jay's hand out of the way and stood up himself, "That girl dragged me down the stairs with her."

Sunghoon pointed at Jiwoo, who was standing in front of him. Jake, who was standing a little behind Jiwoo, patted her back a few times. "It's okay, it's not your fault," Jake whispered to her, but Jiwoo seemed to ignore it.

Jay, Eunji, and several students all looked toward Jiwoo. Her face turned red from embarrassment.

"Jiwoo!" Eunji immediately ran up to Jiwoo and gave her a hug.

Jiwoo froze and didn't know what to do. Her head was completely empty.

"Your girlfriend knows that girl?" Sunghoon turned his head toward Jay, who was looking at the two hugging girls.

Jay turned his head back to him a moment later and nodded up and down, "That's Yang Jiwoo, her best friend."

Sunghoon rolled his eyes, pulled Eunji off of Jiwoo and grabbed Jiwoo's upper arm. Jiwoo flinched at Sunghoon's action. Her head was pulled down like a magnet and her heart started to beat faster and faster.

He was holding her. He was finally noticing her. After all those years!

"Look at me," Sunghoon said in a deep voice as his index finger touched her chin and lifted it up.

Jiwoo looked at him straight in the eyes and swallowed. She became lost in his eyes. He is so beautiful...

"Jiwoo!" Sunghoon suddenly shouted, giving Jiwoo her attention back. Everybody in the hallway flinched, "This afternoon, after school, 4 o'clock, park," he continued when Jiwoo finally listened, "If you don't come, you have a huge problem."

Sunghoon roughly let go of Jiwoo's upper arm and then bumped hard into her shoulder before walking up the stairs, not letting Jiwoo even answer him.

Jake, Eunji, and Jay were all three shocked. Everyone was shocked. No one said anything or dared to say anything anymore.

It wasn't until Sunghoon was no longer in sight that she knew;
She's fucked up.