Chapter 34 - a pity

Hafeez

Throughout the thirty years of my life, I've never ever found myself in such an intense and awkward situation like this one before.

The tension was super think that one could literally cut through it. The air in the room suddenly got tighter, as if it was going to choke someone. Despite the fact that I wasn't really the one in the middle of the mess, I felt extra uncomfortable, so I couldn't help but imagine what my poor cutie was going through. I didn't even want to think of it, because I wasn't sure if I could handle seeing her in any pain, especially one that I wouldn't be able to help her get rid off, so I tried my best to ignore it, but who was I kidding? She was right next to me, and her facial expression said a lot of things that I couldn't comprehend.

Him on the other hand, his eyes were filled to the brim with tears and were seconds away from turning into waterfalls. I could see the pain in his eyes even though he wasn't looking at me, I could see the shame and guilt in his eyes, I could see just how much he wanted to cry, but not even for a second did I feel bad for him, and rightfully so.

"A-aya, I-" he tried to move closer to her, but he didn't even take one step. she just swiftly turned around and started walking away. I expected him to follow her, but he didn't, he stood right where he was and allowed the tears he was holding back to slide down.

"just look at your life" I shot him a pitiful look and shook my head in abject disappointment before turning around so I could follow her and make sure that she was okay, but I was forced to stop when he stood in front of me, blocking the way.

"Yaya, please listen to me" he begged.

"Get out of my way!"

"Please, please just hear me out"

"When you did the nonsense you did, did you listen to anybody? Did you even talk to anybody before making that horrible decision?" I calmly asked, and as I expected, he couldn't say a word "exactly. So just save it, because I don't want to hear anything you have to say. Nobody does"

He sniffed "I know..I know I made a huge mistake, possibly even the worst mistake anyone has ever made, but please just give me one chance to fix it, help me talk to Aya, or allow me to talk to her by myself, I know she'll understand me, she's-"

I cut him off by scoffing "you don't deserve that privilege after what you did. You don't even deserve to be in the same room she is, talk more of seeing and talking to her,"

"But I-"

"Look, recovering from what you did to her wasn't an easy task, it took an awfully long time before she got to where she is today, so please, I'm begging you, do not ruin her progress, because seeing you is just like opening old Wounds," I Said "if you really want to 'fix' things like you said, then just stay away. Take your-" I paused, taking a second to look at Yasmin, who was silently crying with her face hidden, then I shifted my gaze back to him "-whatever she is to you and get out of here. Find another place to stay until we leave, because I brought Aya here so she can have the time of her life, and I'm not going to allow anything to ruin that for her, especially you"

"But Yaya-" he started, then cut himself off "Wait...why are you here? With her?" He asked in a low voice, almost like a whisper.

"Because she's mine now!" I replied confidently and proudly "and at this moment, I need you to understand that I'm not talking as your brother, I'm talking as a husband who would do absolutely anything to make his wife smile because she's my number one priority, so please, just stay away," I added "you can go to the other house in Abu Dhabi, or book a hotel for the next one week, but don't allow us to come back here tomorrow and find the both of you. That's the least you can do for Aya if you really care about her wellbeing"