chapter 58

Today is the day when Ryujin, Karina and Travis are going to the hockey game. Lisa and Yuna are going with them too. I'm gonna be alone with her family which I'm not as nervous about because they're actually really nice people.

I watch Ryujin get ready, feeling extremely happy in her bedroom with Eva with me on the bed. Karina and Travis are back at the cottage and I spend the night in Ryujin's room at her parents.

We were gonna go back to the cottage but Eva was fast asleep in Ryujin's bed and we didn't want to risk waking her up.

"Are you sure you're okay with me going? Lisa and Yuna is gonna be there so your sister and Travis should be good?" She sits next to me on the bed.

"Yes. I want you to have fun. You take care of us well so you need some break too" I say to her.

"You're the best" she smiles at me.

"Don't tell everyone. They might try to take me from you" I joke.

"They can try but they won't succeed" she winks.

"So confident huh?" I jokingly scoff.

"Anyone who tries to take you away from me shall feel my wrath" she pulls me on top of her and I wasn't one to object.

She rest her back on the headboard of the bed while I sit on her lap. She places both of her hands on my waist while looking up at me.

"You know? You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen" I feel her drawing circles with her thumb.

"You're full of shit" I chuckle.

"That may be true because I ate a lot today but what's coming out of my mouth are pure facts" she says and I laugh.

I place my hands on her nape and bring my face down closer to hers. "You're such a sweet talker" I say in a low voice.

She wraps her arms around my body now and pulls me closer to her. "Only to a pretty woman named Yeji" she says with a sexy looking smile.

Without realizing it, I slowly started rocking my hips while still on her lap. I watch her as she lick her lips while staring at mine.

"I want you" I whisper.

"Mommy" we hear Eva say.

I get off her, feeling hot and bothered and cursing myself for forgetting that Eva is in the room with us. I feel so embarrassed but it's been so long since I've had sex and I think I'm ready to do it with Ryujin.

"Ryujin, it's time to go" I hear Yuna say while knocking on the door.

She's about to stand up but stops and turn to me. She grabs the back of my neck and gives me a long sensual kiss, leaving me in a daze after she pulls away.

"I'll see you later. Have fun okay? Let me know if they're mean to you" She smiles giving a kiss on the nose before finally leaving.

I watch her leave until the door closes. I touch my lips while smiling, thinking about the kiss. Ryujin, why do you make feel so loved?

I play with Eva for a bit when I get a phone call from Ryujin. I answer it, feeling confuse because she was just here.

"Hello?" I answer.

"I forgot to say I love you so I love you!" She happily announces.

"I love you too goofball. Have fun at the game okay?" I say.

"Yes ma'am" she chuckles.

We hang up afterwards and I go back to playing with Eva. I start feeling tired and I notice Eva is too. I put her down for a nap and I lay down next to her.

I'm not sure how long I was asleep but I hear Rosé frantically trying to wake me up. I sit up and I see she's been crying.

"We have to go. Lisa and them got into an accident. Come on, it's gonna take about an hour a half to get to the hospital they were taken to" she cries.

I jump out of bed and get Eva ready.

"Leave Eva. My dad is staying here to watch Gabe. It's just you, me and mom" she says.

I take Eva downstairs with me and hand her to Mr. Shin. Mrs. Shin looks like she's been crying. I'm still trying to process what Rosé said. An accident? Something doesn't feel right.

The three of us get in the car. I still feel numb. I can't even ask if they've heard how they're doing. I'm afraid to find out the answer. I want to cry but I feel like if I cry then it would make things real. I don't want it to be real.

The drive there feels like it's taking forever. Traffic is awful and it seems like we would always get stuck behind a slow driver.

Finally, we arrive at the hospital. We see Travis all bandaged up and we run up to him.

"What happened?!" Rosé clearly frazzled.

"We got hit by another car. It all happened so fast. I don't know if the guy was drunk or just decided to run a red light" he says choking up.

"Where is everyone?" Mrs. Shin ask. I'm still numb. I hear a buzzing noise in my ears. Ryujin has to be okay. My sister has to be okay and her baby. My heart is hurting and I hate it.

Before I know it, tears starts falling on my face. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Lisa is getting checked and same with Karina. They're checking to make sure the baby is okay. Yuna and Ryujin are in surgery. They're the most critical since the driver side was hit" Travis explains.

At that moment, one doctor shows up asking for the Shin family. Mrs. Shin raises her hand and approaches the doctor shakily.

"Miss Yuna is stable. She's being taken to a private room now and you'll be able to see her" he explains.

"What about my other daughter, Ryujin?" Mrs. Shin's voice cracks.

"I'm sure the other doctor will be out soon. I'm sorry I don't have any information to give you right now" the doctor bows lightly before leaving.

We visit Yuna with Lisa and Karina but they're both on wheelchairs since their body is not in the best condition. Thankfully, Karina's baby is okay.

We look at Yuna as she lays there unconscious. Everyone can't believe what's happening. I can't stop thinking about Ryujin. I start to pray to every God out there that Ryujin is okay. I can't lose her.

We hear a knock to see a doctor walking in. He looks at Mrs. Shin. "Are you Ryujin's family?" He ask for confirmation.

"Yes" she nods.

"I'm so sorry" he says. I didn't even hear the rest clearly. I fall on my knees, clutching my chest. I hear Mrs. Shin screaming and crying. You can feel the pain in her scream.

"No! It's not true" I hear Rosé yell.

While still on my knees, I find it hard to breathe. I feel my heart being stabbed a thousand times. I want to rip out my heart because the pain feels so unbearable.

I feel my sister put her hand on my shoulder but I didn't bother looking at her. I keep staring at the floor, watching every single one of my tear drop fall.

How could this be? Were just about to start our lives together. Why did you leave me Ryujin? Why would you break my heart like this? Please, come back.

The pain won't go away. It hurts so much. What am I gonna do without you? I cover my mouth to muffle my cries.

I continue crying, unable to stop. I want to see Ryujin. How can she be gone? I open my mouth to scream the pain put but no sound comes out. I hold my chest tighter as I lay on the floor, wishing that Ryujin would walk in through the door and tell me everything is okay but instead I'm laying on the cold floor with a broken heart.