Chapter 34: Getting Flashy

Third Person POV, Uzui

Uzui was running across the rooftops until he went to the outskirts of town and jumped down, putting his back to a wall and looking down the deserted road. As he went around the corner onto the road he stopped as he heard something and turned, his eyes widened at what he saw. There was Hinatsuru tied up in a belt.
"Hinatsuru!" Uzui gasped before racing to get his wife free. Once she was free Uzui gently laid her across his lap and fed her a pill.
"Forgive me, Tengan-sama," Hinatsuru whispered, too tired and exhausted to speak any louder.
"Never mind, stop talking," Uzui gently assured her.
"I realized that Warabihime Oiran was a demon but she became suspicious of me as well. So I drank some poison and tried to slip out of the house but it seems this belt that I was given by Warabihime Oiran was for spying on and killing me. So I was unable to contact you. Tengan-sama do not trouble yourself with me, please go now. You heard that sound just now did you not? The demon is on a rampage" Hinatsuru explained.
"You're sure you're going to be alright?" Uzui asked.
"Yes, I'm sorry I couldn't be of use to you" Hinatsuru apologised.
"There's no need for you to do anything more. Once the antidote starts working leave Yoshiwara, you hear me?" Uzui questioned as he cuddled Hinatsuru close.
"Yes," She replied. Once Uzui was once again sure that his wife would be fine he took to the roof tops again heading back into the heart of the district.
'The battle has already begun, where is it? Search for its presence!' Uzui thought to himself. A sound that only he could have heard rang out, making him stop and slide along the roof before turning back and jumping across the roofs fast. He then jumped off the roof and looked at the ground below his feet.
"It's here, underground," Uzui said before dropping to the ground and placing his ear on it.
'I can hear the sound of someone battling, I can hear it well thanks to the reverberations. There's something here,' Uzui thought before he reached down. His hands wrapped around the hilts of his nichirin sword and the bandages that were around them broke away showing particular shaped blades with golden edges and a chain connecting them.
"Sound breathing, first form, roar!" Uzui yelled and a loud explosion was heard throughout the district.

Hikaru's POV

I heard a loud explosion and I knew that Tanjiro had heard it as well, the only thing that I thought it could have been was maybe either Uzui or Inosuke had found a different demon and were fighting that or it could be this demon's base that they were raiding.
"What an infernal racket, you pieces of trash! What is that sound? What are you doing? Where? From the Ogimoto house? And also Hinatsuru. How many of you are here? Four?" Daki questioned.
"I'm not telling you," Tanjiro replied.
"If you tell me the truth, I'd be willing to spare your life, we clashed for maybe an instant but look at your sword. It's already nicked" Daki pointed out. Looking at my blades they seemed scratched and a little damaged but that was from how much I had been using them lately that had nothing to do with Daki. Tanjiro's on the other hand were nicked after clashing with Daki.
"Don't let her get to you Tanjiro, even a blunt sword with enough pressure can still cut" I said.
"Some hack of a swordsmith must've forged those blades, am I right?" Daki asked.
"You're wrong, the person who forged this sword is amazing! He's a brilliant swordsmith!" Tanjiro yelled.
"Then how did it get nicked, moron?" Daki demanded. Another loud explosion sounded out into the night but I wasn't taking my eyes off Daki to see who's auras were over there, one wrong move in this battle and it would mean our lives were gone.
"It's starting to get noisy all over the place, it's annoying me so this time I'm going to kill the two of you" Daki said as she got ready to fight. I didn't know what was on Tanjiro's mind but could see the blame in his aura.
"Tanjiro" I said but he was too far in his thoughts to hear me.
'The blade gets nicked when it's wielder is subpar, it's my fault! I... When all is said and done I... Can't handle.... The water breathing technique! My body's not suited for Water breathing. I can't become like Urokodaki or Tomioka or even Hikaru with the Water breathing technique! In my case, I just can't help striking harder with the Hinokami Kagura, it's just compatible with my body! But' Tanjiro thought.