Chapter 20 | Cavalry Battle: Part 1

The forty-two students that passed were now all standing in the stadium again, paying attention to Midnight, who was on the stage, and the screen behind her.

"Congrats to the forty-two students who are now standing in front of me for passing the first round! Of course, things aren't over just yet, so don't start relaxing on me! Now, let us introduce the second game!"

The students and audience turn their attention to the screen, watching the words go by until it stops on the words 'Cavalry Battle'.

"A cavalry battle? I'm bad at those..." Denki mutters.

"Let me explain the rules! The participants can form teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but there is one difference. Based on the results of the last game, each person has been assigned a point value. The points go up by five starting from the bottom." Midnight explains. "And of course, the point value assigned to first place is... ten million!"

"Pfft-" A chuckle could be heard from the stands. "I feel bad for Midoriya. He's sweating bullets right now." C.C says, failing to hold in his laughter.

"They are all looking at him as prey." Nightmare replies.

"Each team will add up their points to their total, and a rider will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. You must try and grab more headbands to earn more points. All headbands must be worn from the neck up! You have fifteen minutes to build your teams! You may now start!"

The students went around in a frenzy looking for teammates and eventually everyone was paired up.

"The fifteen minutes are now up! Assemble yourselves and let the games begin!" Midnight exclaims, waving around her fan excitedly.

The screen starts the countdown, and the audience yells alongside it.

"THREE! TWO! ONE! STARTTT!"

The students in the stadium make a mad dash, many aiming for Deku. His team, which consisted of Tokoyami, Uraraka, Hatsume, and himself, decided to run away by using Hatume's inventions to bring them into the air.

Jiro shoots her earphone jacks at the team, but those are intercepted by Tokoyami, earning a relieved sigh and a quick "Thank you." from Midoriya. 

When they start to descend again, multiple teams give chase, not wanting them to return to the air, where they were out of reach. 

"Now!" Present Mic yells over the speakers, "It's only been two minutes since the second round started and it's turned into a free for all! Fights over the headbands are breaking out all over! Look at that! Some of the teams are avoiding the ten million headband and aiming for smaller point rewards instead! I can't say that isn't a bad idea!"

The crowd watches in anticipation as headbands continued to get swiped, often being stolen again not even a minute later. 

Purple balls and a long tongue suddenly bombard Deku's team, who were busy trying to dodge. 

Back on the stand, Nightmare looked perplexed. "Tsuyu and Mineta seem to be riding on Shoji's back to avoid getting their headband taken. I do not think that is how things work in a cavalry battle, am I wrong?" 

"I've never played one before, but I don't think it's physically possible in our world. Maybe it counts because technically they don't touch the ground?" C.C answered, eyes still stuck on the field below. 

A loud explosion could be heard as Midoriya's team flies into the air once more. 

"Looks like one of those jet shoes broke." C.C observed. 

"They look rather unstable, will they be alright?" Nightmare asked, eyes following the team as they rocked back and forth in the air.

"We can only hope, after all, we can't interfere unless there's an attack or someone's gonna die."

Another explosion comes from the ground and a figure is quickly closing in on the team in the sky. 

"Bakugou from Class 1-A uses his own quirk to fly through the air! He's quickly gaining momentum! He might even grab the ten million headband!" 

Tokoyami's quirk intercepted Bakugou, making all of them fall towards the ground. Luckily, neither Midoriya nor Bakugou touch the floor, both being saved by their respective teams. 

"Oh, so close!" Present Mic exclaims. 

The chase continues, both Bakugou and Todoroki aiming for Deku's headband to make up for their loss from the first round. 

"Now, let's check the leaderboard! Huh? What's this?" Present Mic asks, confusion in his voice. "Other than Midoriya's team, the rest of 1-A isn't looking too good!"

He was indeed right, in second place was Monoma's team from Class 1-B. 

"Bakugou's team somehow has 0 points! This is too surprising! My heart might stop from shock!" Present Mic says, faking a dramatic swoon. "This game is only halfway over! Will the points stay as they are, or will Class 1-A make a comeback!?" 

You could see the audience lean forward in their seats, excited to see who would win. The anticipation was enormous, and the sparks in the field were flying, tension growing in the air every minute. 

Todoroki's team suddenly rushes in front of Midoriya's team, stopping them in their tracks. 

"I'll be taking that headband now." Todoroki stated in a slightly annoyed tone. 

"Run!" Was all Midoriya could say, and his team quickly turned around and sprinted away. He looks around, eyes widening in realization. 

"It's not just them, almost everyone is after us now!" Uraraka exclaims in fear. 

"1.3 million volts!" Denki yells, releasing his lightning and aiming at Midoriya. Luckily, Dark Shadow blocks it, electrocuting all the teams but one, stopping them in their tracks. The one team they didn't stop was Todoroki's, who had made Yaoyorozu create a cloth earlier to cover them, saving them from the electrocution. 

The teen uses his ice to propel his team forward, at the same time freezing others so that they could no longer move. 

Ice forms in front of Deku's team, making them stop and look for another way out, but they were surrounded on all sides, and their only way out was through Todoroki's team. 

"I would advise you to hand it over." Todoroki says again as they continued to get closer. 

'What should I do?!' Midoriya questioned to himself, panicking. 

________________________________
A/N:

Chapter 20 is out now! Oh my lord i'm so sorry! I know you guys have been waiting for this and I've just been lazy T~T Hope you can forgive me!
GETTING THEREEEEE SLOWLYYYYYYY- Enjoy the revised chapter 20 :) This is definitely the shortest chapter in this entire story, even with the revisions oof
August 25, 2023