Episode 4: Part 6

The band began to play, music filling everyone's ears

The band began to play, music filling everyone's ears. The idols held their breaths as they stared at the vocalists in the centre, all looking nervous as the singing began.

Seungmin started them off well, the male's vocals being stable. He didn't look nervous at all, naturally singing as if he had plenty of time to practice. Most of the others sang well too, eyes fixated on the prompter as they were worried about forgetting their lyrics.

During Jaein's part, her voice came out extremely soft compared to the others, so her microphone was adjusted. Unfortunately, by the time the technicians reacted to that, her part was already over.

Haechan's voice came out like honey to the ears, making idols gasp. He sounded well rehearsed, his experience giving him a leg up in terms of professionalism. Yua, who sung after him, also did well, but the difference in stage experience was visible, proving to be a disadvantage to the girl.

"Haechan's voice is really no joke." Mark whispers to Renjun, who nodded in agreement.

"He's doing well." Renjun says before adding. "Don't tell him I said that though,  he'll never let it go."

As the song went on, it mostly went well, some of them mumbling lyrics when it got faster and their lack of rehearsals showed. Woobin's voice cracked in the last chorus when hitting a high note, Cravity members stiffening as a reaction. The judges also noticed, their faces being shown as they tried to hold in their reaction.

Once the song ended, they all applauded, complimenting their members for a job well done. The judges clapped as well, but looking stiff as they soon realised that they had to come to a decision soon.

"That was a great performance of Beautiful by Crush." Seungkwan says. "Let's pass it on to our judges."

"This is going to be hard." Chaeri mumbles to her members. "They all sung well, it's going to be hard to choose a winner."

"It's a shame Woobin's voice cracked." Han sighs, leaning back. "He has a really nice voice. At least Seungmin did well."

"He did. Sucks that it's a competition." I.N. adds, a pout forming on his lips.

"Very well done." Yumi starts, speaking first. "Everyone did a great job, congratulations."

"I agree, that challenge was definitely difficult but you all performed well. Give yourself a pat on the back." Seokhoon continued before his face grew serious. "Now for the evaluations."

"Jaein, I want to start with you." Yumi says, eyes landing on the girl. Jaein looked nervous, blinking back tears as the attention was on her. "I wish this wasn't a competition because I would have stopped the performance and asked for a microphone check before continuing. Unfortunately, it is what it is, which means we could only give you one chance."

[Jaein's interview.]

Jaein sighs as she sits in her stool, looking down. She's playing with her fingers, her voice coming out weak and frail.