We're Jinxed - Chapter 15

"Wakey, wakey, Nat Nat..."

But Natalia refused to open her eyes.

She could feel the metal gag snug around her jaw, keeping her from making little more than a whimper of noise. She knew she was tied to something, and she knew as sure as anything Jinx had done something awful, or... was about to.

"I asked nicely," Jinx drawled, a long finger trailing delicately, yet threateningly, along Natalia's neck and collarbone. "Don't make me say it again, Natty... you wouldn't wanna be rude to everyone else at the party."

Natalia didn't know how long she had been out, why Jinx was doing this, or where she was. The air smelled heavily of smoke, gunpowder, and the acid tang of shimmer. Natalia had already tried to open her eyes once, and they stung upon contact with the muggy air. She wouldn't make that mistake on her own accord again.

Natalia let out a confused noise, trying her best to turn her head to the side and away from Jinx. For once, she was really, truly scared of her at this moment.

Jinx didn't seem to like that, harshly grabbing Natalia's chin and yanking her face to meet Jinx's own.

"Open your eyes, toots," Jinx breathed, her voice a dangerous purr. "Now."

With no other choice, Natalia did. The scene before her was sickening.

There she sat along the side of the table, next to the rag doll figures of Mylo and Claggor Jinx had always kept around. The same figures Natalia had never thought much of, always excusing them as a way for Jinx to cope with her lost family. Now, just looking at them, limp and slack over the table, Natalia felt bile rising quickly in her throat.

Across from her, a strange pipe of some sort on the plate in front of an empty chair. Next that seat was an empty space altogether, along with a rigged seat, of which had "Jinx" written in oil crayon along the front of it. Back on Natalia's side of the table, she noticed another chair, residing slightly away from the table, of which was a light wooden blue, with childish drawings and the name "Powder" written along it.

Finally, on either ends of the table, were none other than Vi and Silco. Silco was gagged, himself, but his eyes shone with fury and animalistic hate, all directed towards Vi.

Vi had no gag, and was merely tied to the chair, looking hopelessly between Natalia and Jinx. She looked sick, herself.

Jinx's threatening aura seemed to evaporate in a second as her mood swiftly changed and she beamed affectionately at Natalia. Patting Natalia's cheek, she looked back at Vi with a large smile.

"She's so sweet, isn't she?" Jinx cooed, positioning herself behind Natalia's chair to run her hand possessively along Natalia's head. "Of course, you knew that, didn't you, sis? I mean, we've all seen the way you've looked at her before."

Silco made some kind of muffled slurring noise underneath his gag, eliciting an eye roll and a scoff from Jinx. "We all know what you think," Jinx said numbly, not casting him anything more than a betrayed look.

"Jinx, please," Vi but her lip, trying hard to catch Jinx's fiery gaze. Looking back to Vi, Jinx cocked her head to the side.

Ignoring Vi, Jinx strode over to the other side of the table, casting her gaze to the inebriated father figure before her. She glared at him, pausing for a few seconds and letting eerie silence punctuate the moment.

"He took everything from us," she quietly spoke up, her voice a listless sigh as her brows furrowed. "Right here, he stabbed Vander in the back. Just like he planned to do with me."