Chapter 80- The Beginning to the End

"Ladies and gentlemen...you've been waiting a long time, but we're finally here. Dojos all across the Valley have been training for a year for their shot at glory. You ready to meet 'em?" Daryl the announcer asked the crowd. The crowd burst into applause, making the man laugh. "Alright."

"This sensei and dojo need no introduction. He took the All Valley by storm in 1984 and '85 and quickly became one of the greatest underdogs in the history of the sport. Last year, this dojo came out of nowhere and made it to the finals. They've got some new fighters, and they're ready to show the world that they're the best around. Give it up for Miyagi-Do Karate, led by two-time All Valley champion Daniel LaRusso!"

Daniel and his students jogged onto the mat, their white gis standing out against the blue and gold mats. The crowd cheered loudly, with Anthony and Amanda being the loudest among them. Daniel gave a small wave and bow before turning back to Daryl as he introduced the next dojo.

"This next dojo took last year's title. But they're under new management. Can they reign supreme once more? And last year's runner-up. He may be wearing a new gi, but one thing's for sure, Robby Keene and his team are ready to strike! Hailing from Reseda, defending champions and still the most badass name for a dojo, here comes Cobra Kai!"

Kreese and Terry walked out of the fog, their black gis and stoic faces making them look menacing. Their students followed behind them as the crowd cheered crazily. The two men stopped, making the kids stop as well as they stood up straight, resembling soldiers at ease. Daniel glanced over at them and locked eyes with Terry. Terry gave him a tight-lipped grin before turning back to Daryl as he announced the last dojo.

"Finally, this dojo is making their All-Valley debut, though you'll recognize a few familiar faces. Every year, a new dojo rises up the ranks. Does this newcomer have what it takes to win it all? Please welcome Eagle Fang Karate, led by Sensei Johnny Lawrence and defending champion Miguel Diaz!"

Johnny walked out into the arena with Y/N and Miguel at his shoulders. Y/N's eyes scanned the arena, taking in the number of spectators as well as the different dojos that were competing. Now that she was actually there, she realized maybe she wasn't ready to do it. She didn't want to feel like some circus animal putting on a trick.

Y/N shook her head as she jogged behind Johnny to take their spot on the mat, her black headband pushing her hair back. Johnny had gotten it for her birthday, claiming she needed it to make her look badass. She only wore it sometimes while training but she felt it was appropriate to don it now.

Terry's blues eyes followed Y/N as she fell in next to Johnny. He wanted more than anything for her to be wearing a black gi and for her to be by his side, fighting for the title. Now he just had to watch from afar as she climbed her way through the ranks under Johnny and the Eagle Fang name. He hated it.

"At the end of the day, only one of these dojos can be crowned Grand Champion. Welcome to the 51st All valley under-18 Karate Tournament!" Daryl announced. The crowd jumped to their feet, applauding crazily as he laughed. "It's karate time."
------------------------------------
"Eagle Fangs, listen up. Some of you have been here before... and for some of you, it's your first karate tournament. I still remember my first All Valley where I pummeled the ever-loving crap out of my opponents as the crowd cheered. They tried to soften you up. That bullshit's behind us now. If Cobra Kai wins, that means no more Eagle Fang. We're not gonna let that happen are we?" Johnny questioned.

"No sensei!" The kids shouted in unison. "Of course not, because we have something Cobra Kai doesn't. We have a reigning champion and one badass fighter." Johnny said, pointing to Miguel and Y/N. Miguel grinned while Y/N's face remained stoic. She felt her nerves eating away at her as the reality of the situation set in.

If Cobra Kai won, it was over. They would rule the Valley and terrorize everyone who resided in it. But, if somehow Eagle Fang or even Miyagi- Do won, it would be over. All the stupid fights, the petty rivalry, and the tension would go away. And Kreese would go with it. That's what Y/N hoped anyway.

"Are you ready?" Johnny asked. "Yes, Sensei!" The kids yelled. "Alright let's go warm up," Johnny instructed. The kids all turned to walk away when Johnny called out to Y/N. "Lawrence, a word." He stated. Miguel glanced at them curiously. To be honest, he was worried about Y/N. After the events last night, she had been different. More quiet and reserved. He wasn't sure what happened but he knew it had to be something to make Y/N this way. Something bad.

Y/N walked towards Johnny and stared up at him, keeping her face emotionless. She couldn't let her emotions get the best of her. Between her heartbreak from Johnny, her conflict with Terry, and her anger at Robby, Sam, and Kreese, she knew that if she didn't bottle it up, it'll just boil over and one emotion would take over her. Right now, anger seemed to be the winning emotion.

"Listen, I know what's been going on with you lately." Johnny stated. Y/N stared back at him. No, you don't. You can't possibly know what's going on with me. She thought bitterly. "You do?" She questioned. "You still haven't gotten over that little spat with LaRusso." Johnny replied. Y/N closed her eyes in annoyance. I was right, he couldn't possibly know.

"Right." She replied, noncommittal. "Listen me and my best friend used to get into petty arguments all the time. You need to get your head on straight. I need you to focus on winning. You and Sam will make up but right now she's not on your team and your team needs you." Johnny stated. Y/N gave a terse nod. "Now let's get to work."

Johnny clapped her on the shoulder before walking over to the rest of the kids. Y/N's eyes glanced over to the group of black gi's, her eyes landing on the tall man with the silver ponytail. Almost like he knew she was watching him, he glanced up, his blue eyes meeting her E/C ones. Terry gave her a small smile and an encouraging thumbs-up before turning away like their small interaction didn't happen.

A thought swept through Y/N's mind before disappearing. It may have been fleeting but it still sunk its way into her brain. Y/N shook her head, trying to rid herself of the many thoughts that had sunk their claws into her. She needed to focus on winning right now. Because that's what she wanted more than anything. To win...right?
---------------------------------------
A/N Sorry for taking so long to update I've had a lot going on but here you guys go :). It's heating up now.