3

Louis's POV:

The tea didn't last much longer because Sadie had come back and alerted us that she had ordered a pizza and it was time to eat.

As per my cue, I got up from the table and prepared to head back up to my room, as I was trained to do during dinner time in my old homes. I wouldn't eat with the family, I would be called back to the kitchen after they were done eating so I could clean up after them and I would eat the scraps of whatever they left from their meals if I was hungry.

"Where are you going?" Edward asks the second he sees me walking off.

I turn back to see all of their faces furrowed in confusion.

"Uh just back to my room, you said it was dinner time right? Just let me know when you guys are done and I can come back to clean." I answer awkwardly.

I don't miss the sadness that seems to flush into their eyes.

"No Louis, here we eat together. As a family." Sadie tells me as she pauses what she is doing and pays me all her attention.

"Oh," Is all I can find within myself to say.

I nod my head with a blush, feeling embarrassed and confused all at once.

I hesitantly make my way back to the table where once again a chair is pulled out for me by one of the triplets. I try to at least assist Sadie by helping set the table but she declined and just told me to eat.

This all felt rather surreal and I know it won't last long.

-

"Would you like to watch a movie with us, Louis?" Harry asks, knocking from the other side of my bedroom door.

I set down my books and look up at the men as they step into my room. I had a bit of work I was supposed to catch up on before tomorrow.

Sadie informed me after dinner that tomorrow I would start school at the local high school. Truthfully I haven't been to a new school in a while now. All my old homes were in the same school district but now I am nearly four towns away. I know absolutely no one, so to say that I'm nervous is quite an understatement.

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude on your night." I say, folding the corner of the page on the book in my hands.

The triplets actually seem to be rather sweet, I'm sure the act may let up soon but maybe I can appreciate it for now and just wait for them to realize how irritable I am.

"We want to spend time with you Lou, we want to get to know you. We want to be close with you." Marcel smiles with a nod.

I don't understand, they are so kind to me. They have no reason to be.

"If you are sure, then I would love to."

They smile at me.

"Lovely," Edward says smoothly as they wait for me to get up.

I quickly pull myself out of bed, not wanting to make them wait.

The three step away from the door frame and let me walkthrough.

Two of them then stand closely on my sides while the third stands behind me, I can't tell who is who without looking at their faces yet. I can tell that they are careful to leave a few inches of space between us but they're being so close made me feel oddly protected.

They directed me to the living room on the first floor of the house, knowing I hadn't been into that room in the home yet.

"What would you like to watch Lou?" Harry asks. The nickname sends butterflies to my stomach in an instant.