Chapter 9: I'll Be Okay

~Adelina~

Yes, I walked out on Zane.

Yes, I feel awful about it.

And yes, It brought many memories of a time when I thought I had someone there to save me. Someone there to help me when papa would hurt me. Someone with me throughout all of this.

But I was proven wrong.

I was hurt.

But most of all, I was betrayed.

And, I'm never making that same mistake again.

So I walked out

It's been five minutes since I left the cafe. I'm sitting a little ways away from the cafe, making sure Zane doesn't see me but also making sure the cafe doesn't get robbed since I'm the only one working and I left the cafe abandoned.

After about three minutes, Zane left the cafe and drove away in his car. Not gonna lie, his car is hot. It's an Audi RS7. He must be hella rich to afford a $130 000 car. His car has a black exterior with a red interior. It's hella hot and I really wanna ride in it.\

He looks hot getting into his car. His legs flex when he bends down and sits, his back and arm muscles tense when he pulls the belt to buckle him in

He's making me horny

The fuck."make me horny"

well he is, but that isn't supposed to feel this way

Fun fact. That's my dream car, hence the "wanna ride in it" part.

after sitting outside, I got to scared that my boss was going to come any minute and I would lose my job, so I headed back to the cafe to work.

I only had an hour left, so it wasn't going to be too bad.

After checking the cafe making sure nothing was out of place, I notice a $20 bill on the table me and Zane were sitting at before things escalated. with the bill, it had a note with it

"Keep the change, and don't pay back."

I crumple the paper, and put the bill in the cash register while also taking the refund amount out of the register to give back his money.

Even though it was a nice gesture, I still feel like I should give his money back. It's not right to have him pay after what happened.

I'll keep note to slip his money into his pockets since I know he's not going to take it.

Stubborn bastard

The cafe went smoothly for the remainder of the hour left. Surprisingly, there were more costumers today which is nice since it kept my mind from going to un-wanted places.

After the hour was over, I clean up and lock the cafe, and start walking home. Thank god it's April and the days are longer. When it was winter, sometimes I would have to walk in the dark because I missed the bus.

Yea...very fun!

But I was always protected. I have a taser with me, along with a button that tells my location to the police and my close friends.

As a present from my Sofia, she got me and Reese this "survival" kit.

I'm glad she got it, but I'm more glad I haven't used it yet

----------------------------------------------------------
This part of this chapter could be extremely difficult to read since it has physical abuse in it.
If you can't read that, please skip this part.