48 | evolving

what happened to where you go, i go?

[ 4.12 ]

Willow stood next to Stiles in his father's office. As soon as the sun came up, they rushed to tell him all about Scott and Kira being kidnapped. Really, they were just trying to be courteous and let him know they were going to Mexico instead of lying like last time.

"Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico, okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico!" Stiles exclaimed, needing his father to sense the urgency.

"Okay. Even if Deaton is right about this—"

"Yeah..." Stiles said, sensing his father's hesitancy.

"The best thing to do is to go through the proper channels," he informed them.

Stiles scoffed in disbelief. "Dad—"

"That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."

"Dad, we can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices, okay? Someone needs to go down there right now, find them, and rescue them! We're going!" Stiles declared. He also snatched Willow's hand to make it abundantly clear that they were a united front.

"I can keep you from going," Noah said, glaring at them.

"I'd find a way," he said, shrugging. "And Willow's not legally yours."

Noah raised an eyebrow at the challenge. "I can throw you both in a cell!"

"I'd still find a way," Stiles said. "I'll get Willow to use her mind control."

With a heavy sigh, Noah walked around his desk. "Stiles, please, just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye! Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book three flights to Mexico. We'll all go. Okay?"

"Okay. Okay, great," Stiles said, nodding. "Do I get a gun?"

"No," Noah told him flatly.

Then as he exited the office, Willow turned to Stiles. "We're not really waiting for the proper channels, are we?"

"Hell no."

☽︎

At Derek's loft, he was standing with Braeden and preloading enough guns for a small army. Derek continued to look at them in distaste even if he knew they were necessary.

"I still don't like relying on these things," he stated.

"I get it," Braeden said, shrugging. "You miss your power. I would, too."