Chapter 27

"Get me the file for Tuesday's meeting." Viraj spoke on phone to Gaurav.

"Viraj, it's Sunday! Why do you want to work today?" Gaurav whined as he entered the parking lot of Natasha's apartment to pick her up for the auction.

"I have nothing to do. Simple. Better work than waste time." Viraj answered and grasped the coffee that the maid left for him. It was almost 11 in the morning and he had dropped his parents at the airport himself.

"Okay! I'll ask Raj to bring it for you." Gaurav sighed.

"I asked you." He insisted.

"I have somewhere to go with Natasha. I can't come right now. Does the work demand my presence?" He asked, clearly hoping he'd say no.

"No. But, where are you going?" Viraj asked. Why was it that everyone had some sort of appointment today, except him!

Gaurav thought of his question. He realized that Viraj didn't know about him attending the auction. So, he decided to play along.

"There is an auction at Ananya's college. So, we are attending that." Gaurav answered.

"Why are you attending it? Isn't it for the students of the college?" Viraj asked, clearly confused.

"Someone close to me invited me. Thus, I have to go." Gaurav intentionally tried to provoke him.

Viraj sensed his playfulness. If Ananya had invited him, he would have directly told her name. Who was this 'someone' then? Viraj wondered.

"Who?" He asked.

"I am getting late, Viraj. I have to go..." Gaurav lied and attempted to cancel the call.

"Who...invited you?" Viraj asked in a pissed off tone.

Gaurav faked a sigh.

"Sneha invited me." He answered.

Viraj clenched his jaw tighter and his hold on his phone became deadly.

'She invited him but not me.' He thought irrationally.

"I am going. Bye." He heard Gaurav say before he cancelled the call. Gaurav smiled all the way as he entered Natasha's apartment.

Viraj slumped on his chair. His eyes focused on nothing in particular. His blood was boiling. He hated Sneha's partial treatment.

'You really know how to piss me off.' He thought angrily while referring to Sneha.

"Fine! It's not as if I care that she asked Gaurav and not me. Why would she ask me anyway... Why didn't she ask me? Did she think I don't have the money to buy whatever she is selling today?" Viraj scoffed at the thought.

'But why Gaurav and not me?' He wondered angrily! Clearly, he had more assets than Gaurav did!

'Someone needs to be taught a lesson.' He declared to himself and started walking towards his room to change into formals. He knew what he had to do.

.
.
.

"10." Viraj's voice echoed in her ear as he made the bid.

It didn't take Sneha much time to spot the new bidder. Her eyes met his and she took a sharp breath. He still had that cold attitude as he sat in a relaxed way, somewhere in the audience seat.

'What is he doing here? And, 10? 10 crores?' She desperately wondered the reason for it.

Last night, while in bed, she had thought over the dance that she shared with Viraj. It was true that he had forced her to dance and also had been highly rough initially. But, she also couldn't forget the gentle manner in which he laid her almost parallel to the ground with the support of his arms. And the look in his eyes... It made her doubt his intentions and for a fraction of a second, she thought he had romantic feelings for her.