Part 13

It's finally the first day and Zoella had been preparing herself since dawn. She couldn't understand why she was so nervous. It's not like it was her first time going to school.

Zoella took a deep breath over and over again trying to stay calm.

She stood in front of the mirror looking at her reflection.

"At least this uniform can boost my confidence. Though is it okay to wear heels?"

She was in her uniform with a pair of black high heels.

Since she always wears sneakers in the past, Zoella hesitated if she really could wear heels now. It was Hayes's gift when she was about to go to Academy.

Zoella was confused at the beginning because the uniform looked fancy. People would think that she was cosplaying back in her world.

It was a white shirt with a blue tie and a blue skirt that reached her knees. She also got a black robe with the Academy's crest in the center.

"Alright, let's head out."

Zoella ignored her still-pounding heart and opened the door.

To her surprise, Lilian was already at her door about to knock on it. She was wearing the same uniform as her. The only things different were her skirt and tie colors. Instead of blue, her skirt and tie were red.

'Looks like the color depended on the department we're in.'

"Good morning, Zoella. Ready to go?"

"Morning. Well, not really but let's just go."

Lilian frowned. She thought Zoella would be excited about her first day in Academy.

"Is something bothering you?"

Lilian asked when she managed to catch up to her friend. Zoella shook her head slightly.

"I'm okay. It's just that, I was nervous. Don't worry about it."

Lilian looked at Zoella in concern. It was normal for a person to be nervous on the first day. She just didn't expect Zoella, who was Hayes's disciple to be nervous.

However, Lilian also understood. Since Zoella told her that she knew no one in here, she couldn't help but be nervous.

"Ah, right. Zoella, how about we meet up with my friends first?"

"Sure, that'll be great."

The two of them headed to the hall where the students gathered.

Zoella's expression turned odd. Her face turned paler and now she got a stomachache. She felt like she was about to vomit but she hold it in.

'Damn it. Why am I so nervous? Nothing's going to happen. Right?'

A brown-haired guy and a red-haired girl approached them. Zoella guessed that they were Lilian's friends. Of course, she was right.

The girl was wearing the same outfit as Zoella's and the guy wearing a man's uniform with a green tie and green trousers.

"Zoella, this is Warren Piers and Margaret Norris. And guys, this is Zoella Rae."

The two of them smiled warmly at Zoella.

"Nice to meet you, Zoella."

"Oh, you're in the Magic department too? Cool! I could use a friend."

The girl, Margaret, said it enthusiastically. On the other hand, Zoella could only nod her head while giving them a little smile.

"Nice to meet you, guys. Sorry, I was nervous that I can't even think now."

Warren and Margaret gave her an understanding gaze which made her at ease.

"It's alright. We are also nervous today."

Margaret patted Zoella's shoulder lightly.

"I think we should line up. See you guys later."

Lilian and Warren went to their department line. Meanwhile, Zoella and Margaret only need to get in line because they were already in the Magic department line.

More students came in filling the room with noises. Zoella tried to ignore her stomachache by conversing with Margaret.

Despite her effort, she still could feel it. Even Margaret was worried and told her to go to the medical room. But Zoella refused.

She didn't want to be alone right now.

The noises that filled the room suddenly went quiet. The students stood still with their eyes focused on one person.

A man with a greyish robe and witch-looking hat was spotted. Edwin Owens.

The other teachers including Hayes followed him as he entered the room. Hayes's eyes met Zoella's.

He frowned because he didn't expect to see Zoella in her current state. She looked sick. Literately sick.

Zoella who saw his concerned face mouthed 'I'm okay' to him.

"To the new students of Datmonia Academy, we warmly welcomed you to this Academy..."

Zoella was no longer nervous once Edwin started his speech. Her stomachache had gotten better and her face color had returned. She had calmed down.

She also figured out the reason for her nervousness. She didn't want to hear a single rumor about herself. The rumors had a bigger impact on her than she thought.

Fortunately, since she was accompanied by her new friends, she didn't think about those rumors.

"That's all I need to say. I hope you will find your value and goal in this Academy."

Cheers and claps could be heard once he was done with his sentence.

'Wait, that's it? I don't even hear anything.'

The man got down from the podium and left the hall.

"Attention! Hereafter, some teachers will assist you in your classrooms and give you the schedule throughout the year. So do not wander around and listen to them."

After the announcement, some teachers left the hall whereas others approached the students and bring them to their department building.

Hayes naturally was one of the teachers who assist the Magic department students.

"Listen up! We will divide you into two classes. There's no difference between the classes, it's only to make the learning process easier. Class 1-1, Samuel Palmer..."

The female teacher began to call the students' names one by one.

"Zoella Rae, Margaret Norris..."

Zoella breathe a sigh of relief when she heard her name and Margaret. She at least knew one person in her class.

"It's a relief that we're in the same class, right Zoella?"

Zoella smiled brightly and nodded.

"The homeroom teacher is Sir Hayes Castor."

Her smile dropped the moment Hayes's name reached her ears. On the other hand, the other students' eyes were twinkled.

Zoella scoffed at their reaction. She didn't understand which part of her teacher everyone liked so much.

She got that he was kind and handsome but she couldn't handle the personality of that crazy teacher of hers. Now, her only hope was to get her first year passed peacefully without any scene from Hayes.