Chapter 40: Goldy Pond

Spoiler Alert for the non-manga readers.

••••••••••••••

Goldy Pond

"The music... The music..." A child exclaimed when he heard a familiar Music. "What's this? They already hunt yesterday, why are they coming now?"

"They are coming!" Another child shouted.

"Hide! Hide! Let's Hide!"

Everyone started to hide and run for their lives when they heard the music start. They are confused and scared. Children around 6-8 years old couldn't help but cry silently when they heard the music.

The poachers...

The poachers are coming!

Everyone needs to run for their lives or else they will die!

Most of the children trembled when they heard a familiar footsteps. They kept silent waiting for the next music to arrive, they are praying to be safe until this endless loophole of hell finally ended.

But not everyone is scared and trembling. There are people, most of them are adolescence, who was observing and watching every movement of their coming enemy.

"Why did they come today?" Violet, a girl with a violet pixie haircut muttered. Her violet eyes went to Oliver who was also observing the three-group of the Man-eaters coming into the Goldy Pond which seemed a ghost town.

"There are three of them..." Violet mumbled. "The other Demon is unfamiliar. Why did Leuvis and Bayon come---."

"A child..." Oliver mumbled. He pointed his finger at the two people who were following the three Demons behind. "A child and an adult."

What...?

A child? Is she a newcomer?

She seemed to be 6 years old, and an Adult is carrying her in such a careful manner. Her clothes are also suspicious. No, it wasn't just normal clothes...

Violet's eyes went wide when she recalled that kind of clothes.

A Mom's uniform...

The child is wearing a Mom's uniform...

"I didn't know that My Lord had fallen this low," The unfamiliar Demon chuckled before glancing at Leuvis. "As far as I could remember, hunting hopping bunnies were not a hobby of the Grand Duke Leuvis."

The unfamiliar Demon glanced at the adult Human who was carrying a six-year-old child. He stared at the child who was currently sleeping soundly without even a single worry on her face.

"Your insolence is truly unparalleled, Lerin," Leuvis calmly replied to him. "This is the first time that you visited me here and yet you're talking like that. What should I expect from you?"

"My Lord, are you still harboring some grudge at me?" Lerin grinned. "My Lord, you were the one who told me to pursue my taste, I just did what you advice."

"You went as far as to serving to farms, such a disgrace," Leuvis told him before glancing at the sleeping child behind them. "You even brought a Human child here."

Bayon who was only listening to the conversation of his two companions finally talked.

"I heard that this child the hidden highest grade of Gracefield Orphanage," Bayon stated while observing the child. "She's currently the youngest child who was training under Sarah, why did you bring her here?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA, she asked me to bring her," Lerin laughed loudly making the children who were hiding scared. "You know a lot about her, Bayon. It seems like you've done your assignment."