004 :: TRY.

─── RUNAWAY
CHAPTER FOUR...!

!

❝ SEASON ONE ❞

❝ SEASON ONE ❞

          JENNIE stood by her father, with a bright smile, as him and Haley held their new baby, Jack, for the whole team to see.

"He's so gorgeous."

"Thank you."

"If you find baldness and wrinkles attractive." Spencer spoke, causing Penelope to slap his chest.

"Look at his little, widdy, biddy nose." The blonde had spoke, in a baby voice, looking back at Derek, smiling, "Don't you want one of these?"

"Mmm, I'll stick to practicing." Derek told her, sending Garcia a wink, before leaving the group.

Aaron chuckled, as his daughter winced, out of pure disgust, "God."

JJ let out a laugh, before nudging the teen, "So, Jennie? How does it feel to be a big sister?"

"I thought it'd be more interesting." Jennie shrugged, "All he does is eat and poop. Not really special. Babies are overrated."

"Okay, thats enough." Hotch used his free hand to cover the teen's mouth, getting her to stop talking.

"Well, we should probably get going." Haley spoke, now having the baby fully in her arms.

"Okay." Aaron planted a kiss on his wife's lips, before turning his gaze to Jennie, "Go keep your step-mom company, okay? Maybe we could all grab ice cream later this week."

"Ooh, you love ice cream." Haley chirped towards Jennie, her smile brightening, as the two made their way to the elevator.

As Jennie turned, JJ called out, "Hey, JenJen. Is that a new backpack?"

Jennie turned to face the blonde, "Oh, yeah! I found it at a thrift store."

"It's cute." JJ gave her a smile.

Jennie turned to her stepmom, giving her a look, "See? People think it's cute!"

Haley rolled her eyes, playfully, before the two waved their goodbyes, and hoped on the elevator.

───

AS HALEY, Jennie, and Jack had gotten home, they were quick to all hang out in the living room.

Haley sat on the couch, switching through channels on the TV, while Jennie sat on the carpet, lifting Jack up in her arms, with her face brightening "Awh. You are so cute. Yes you are. Yes you Oh God, please do not throw up on me. N-No Jack veer your puking the other way!"

Haley threw her head back, laughing, before she took Jack from the teen girl's arms. She placed the baby in her lap, sighing "Y'know, I wish your dad could spend a little more time with him than he does."

Jennie shrugged, making her way onto the couch as well, "He does his best."

"I-I know, it's just" Haley sighed once more, looking at the baby before looking back at Jennie, "Haven't you ever wished he spent more time with you?"

"I guess. But then again, he's saving lives, getting justice for others, helping people." Jennie started, as she couldn't help but get a bit defensive, "I mean, of course I'd love it if he was home more often, but I-It's not his fault. He does an amazing job at what he does, and honestly seeing him work so hard has taught me a lot of things. And I bet it'll teach Jack a lot of things, too."

Jennie only sighed after her statement, giving Haley a soft smile, before making her way upstairs to her room.