Chapter 38: Falling into their own traps

***

***

Her entire body was pricked with the shreds of bushy twigs, Athena rolled down, gasping in pain. She seemed to have twisted her ankle while breaking the fall. It hurt like a bitch.

She grounded her teeth and screamed with her mouth tightly sealed.

Heaving inconsistently, she dragged herself away from the mansion, far from any possible human interaction. She will bear this alone, like she always did.

Athena knew all the ins and outs of the mansion, she had helped Alessandro designed its layout. She crawled towards a secret corner in the back of the little woods of the apple orchard and curled herself up into a ball.

A bitter smile on her face.

This incident itself was the tale of her life.

She never knew what a helping hand in need is.

Because all her life, it was always her and her alone.

Athena angrily tore off the outer layers of her gown until she was in her inner wears. The unfathomable remains of the aphrodisiac tormented her. She hated it. This was a reminder of the kidnapping incident ten years ago. They would drugged unwilling little kids to have them perform sexual favors for the sick old bastards.

It brought her back to the past no matter how much she tried to steer away from it.

How unfair life was, Athena had given up on expectations but there was still a tiny shred of hope that maybe someone will be willing to treasure and cherish her.

Even Alessandro, the guy who had been with her for over a decade will choose someone else in a heartbeat.

Athena surely had some unsaid disappointment towards him.

Breathlessly, she counted the leaves of the tree above her, wishing she could just be free of this world.

***