15: red ribbon

⚠️⚠️ TW ⚠️⚠️
this chapter contains sensitive content that might be disturbing the reader.

~~

    "Bouquet?" Soohyun hand the bouquet to the visitors with a smile on her face and stopped working when she saw Jay and his friends were walking in the same direction as her. She cleared her throat, took a chance to talk to Jay by giving the bouquet to him since he didn't have one. She walked towards Jay, stopped right in front of him causing his friends to stop on their ways too.

As soon as they looked at each other, the other started to cheer them happily, especially Minhee and Junho. They knew about their past relationship, of course, they were so happy to see Jay and Soohyun meet each other again. They knew that Jay doesn't like it, but they still teased him because it was fun to see him get mad.

Minhee pulled the others away, giving Jay and Soohyun space to talk to each other. Because of Minhee, everyone back away from where they were standing and watched Jay and Soohyun together silently.

At the same time, Sunghoon saw the scene. He stopped talking to his friends and got so confused to see Soohyun who was bringing a basket of bouquets with her. He raised his eyebrows, wondering why did the girl take the job when it was supposed to be for Haesoo. He was asking himself, who is the mascot that he met earlier? who is the one he spoke to if it is not Soohyun?

At that moment, he realized that something was wrong. He fixed his eyes on that one bouquet with a letter that Soohyun put in the basket, he then exhaled deeply when he saw the bouquet that was supposed to be for Haesoo, the girl he fell in love with.

Sunghoon took a step towards her as he has a lot of questions on his mind and before he could approach Soohyun, Hyuri suddenly stopped him by asking about Haesoo.

"Sunghoon, have you seen Haesoo? She is supposed to be my partner for tonight but I still haven't seen her since the festival started."

Sunghoon sighed, "Why did Soohyun take her jobs? Isn't she supposed to be the mascot? Then does that means Haesoo is the one who became the mascot?"

Hyuri got confused, "What do you mean?" She fixed her eyes on Soohyun who was taking over Haesoo's jobs.

"What the--"

Sunghoon held her hand to stop her and took out his phone to call for Haesoo. Hyuri nodded, did the same thing as they were so anxious about Haesoo.

"This is so messed up," Sunghoon muttered, seems so obvious that he was holding his anger because of Soohyun right now.

"I had no idea that the mascot is Haesoo. I thought it was Soohyun. The bouquet... The letter.. and everything were messed up. It wasn't supposed to be for Soohyun."

"Haesoo might get understood because of this."

"What should I do?" He bit his lips in frustration.

He groaned when she didn't answer the call.

"Jay, here is a bouquet." Soohyun hand the bouquet to Jay with her gaze glued at the guy, hoping for him to accept the bouquet, or else she will get humiliated since there were a lot of people were watching them.

Jay scoffed when he realized that Sunghoon was watching. "Are you trying to make him jealous?" He asked her sarcastically and she immediately shook her head, she also had no idea that he was there.

"You can have this." She tried to hold his wrist but he quickly put his hand to the back, didn't want anyone to touch him tonight, especially Soohyun. She gasped when he kept rejecting her,