Chapter 21 Protect yourself

Ashlynn's POV-

I just stood there, completely frozen but I'm guessing no one except the devil himself noticed and sent a small smirk towards my direction.

"This is Ashlynn, our little sister" Jeremy spoke from where he was standing. He had this sparkle in his eyes since the moment William walked into the room.

Please don't tell me he's actually stupid enough to even like this guy, let alone to look up to him. God I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in this family with any sorts of brains.

"Oh, well it's nice to meet you" William smiled at me smugly, while the others went back to their drinks and conversations.

All of my biologicals, excluding Charlotte came over and stood by my side while treating him and making conversation with him like he was some kind of an important person.

He extended his hand forward for me to shake it, but I immediately tensed at the action.

Oh man I guess the saying is right. Old habits don't die easy.

He raised his eyebrows in amusement at me and it took everything in me to not puke my guts out right now.

How dare this man stand here with all his pride and dignity after all the things he's done. After all the things he's done to me. After all the things he's done to Ace.

"So, what do you like to do for fun Ashlynn?" William asked in fake politeness, obviously trying to make small talk with me or something.

I just stared blankly at him, not giving him any satisfaction of showing any emotion. Lucian nudged my arm rather harshly to give me the hint to respond.

Even though my face was expressionless, my thoughts were racing a mile a second.

"She doesn't talk much" Alexander replied after a silence of about two minutes when I didn't respond, but instead just narrowed my eyes at their guest.

Jeremy glared daggers at me as if that'll affect me.

Yup, they're all completely clueless of all the things William actually does. Or atleast I hope they're in the dark.... Because if they're not.... It means they are either involved in that stuff or approve of it.

All except Alfie I guess. He was the only one who wasn't smiling at him or treating him like a superior or shit. Instead, he was standing there blankly while looking straight at William, with a deadpan expression. Kinda like mine.

Does he know something? Does he know about the organisation? Does he know about Nathan? I need to find out what he knows.

Just the thought of all those things took me right back to my panicked state and I started to have a hard time breathing.

(T.W.)

I clenched my fists to the point where my nails were digging into the skin hard enough to easily draw blood.

I realised what I was doing but all the memories just kept coming back. All those memories I've burried deep down, came rushing back to the surface and kept hitting me like a storm.

I'm pretty sure they were having a conversation about something, but I was busy enough to stop the voices in my head to actually pay any attention.

I'm guessing Alfie noticed that and he put a hand on my shoulder while the others where engaged in some conversation , but I knew William kept glancing at me with his smug look every minute.

"Are you ok?" Alfie mouthed to me with a genuinely concerned expression.

I would have said something in a cold tone back, but it was like nothing was coming out and I couldn't speak.