108: Internship (5)

If you want to read 15+ chapters ahead, go here: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

Chapter 108: Internship (5)

‘Moonfish, that must be the villain inside the hot spring.’

Neji thought while Rumi chewed on her lips, thinking of his proposal. “...That would make it seem like I am scared of that villain.”

Hearing her words, Neji was about to talk, but the Police officer intervened. “I am not sure who this is, but he seems like a young man from his voice. Your... sidekick, perhaps?” The officer sounded impressed. “I mean, if you have enough faith in him, and from your considerate expression I believe you do, then I don’t see any reason why you should risk yourself, Mirko.”

“Well…” Rumi scratched her chin. 

She had just told him he’s not supposed to hunt villains, and just save civilians—that only when necessary. Contradicting words that she spoke only an hour ago ain't exactly her style. Other than that, Ryukyu said it’s against the law for an intern to engage in a villain fight alone—it was fine as long as it was under the supervision of the Mentor, though. In other words, as long as the intern fights beside the Hero, but Rumi didn’t like the idea.

She had pushed herself far enough by accepting an Intern, but fighting together with him against a single opponent? No way.

At last, she sighed softly with a grin. “I’m gonna crush him, wait here.”

Saying so, she kicked the ground and leapt inside the building via a window.

Meanwhile,

"..." Neji sighed from his spot.

'Stubborn woman.'

—★—

Rumi's ears twitched in her try to make out the position of the villain.

It took a few seconds for her to do so before she started rushing again.

This might have been a one-story building, but it was very large inside. Rumi also had to make sure to suppress her footsteps. Like that, it took her almost a minute to find the room the villain was in, along with the three hostages.

It was in fact the room where the hot spring was located. 

A frown appeared on her face as she sneakily peeked inside by the door.

The three girls were sitting beside each other, shaking as they covered their private regions with their hands. They were bathing here, so they were naturally naked. What unsettled Rumi was the hollow-eyed bald man looming over the girls with his tongue out as saliva dripped down from his mouth onto the girls' bodies.

He had a walkie-talkie on his hand, too. From the symbol on it, she could tell it was thrown in by the police, so it didn't seem like he was contacting his friends.

"H-have you guys…" the villain spoke, his voice shaky. But it wasn't shaken out of fear, Rumi could tell. It was just his normal way of talking. "Cleared the road as I demanded?"

Rumi could easily listen to the words coming out of the walkie-talkie because of her super-hearing.

["Listen, Moonfish, don't do anything rash. We wouldn't hurt you. Just keep calm and walk out, everything will be fine-"]

"S-so you haven't made way for me." The villain interrupted the voice of the police officer that Rumi had just left outside. "Then guess a beautiful girl will be boiled today."