Securing the Box! CH-59

Region: Hoenn.
Place: Rustboro City.
Location: 3 kilometers east of the Devon Corporation building.
Time: 1.15 AM.

The skies over Rustboro City are dark with barely a cloud in the air. Everything is peaceful and quiet as a massive flying object flies over the city. As it flies, it flies over the tallest building in the city, Devon Corp. It covers the parts of the city where it flies with complete darkness. A couple minutes later, on the edge of the airspace of Rustboro City, the flying object started to descent at a clearing where three men were waiting, surrounded with soldiers who were guarding the area.

The object finally landed and a door at the corner opened from the door came a man walking with a green worksuit and greyish hair.

"The Battle Pyramid in all his glory!" One of the three men exclaims, making gestures with his hands hoe big the flying object is which is revealed to be the Battle Pyramid.

"Quit babbling Joseph! You know why I'm here!" The man exclaims, looking over at Mr. Joseph Stone, boss of the Devon Corporation and non other than the father of champion Steven Stone.

"Calm down guys. Anyway, glad you could come so quickly Brandon." Steven exclaims.

"Anytime for something as important as this, now where is it?" Brandon asks with a firm voice.

"Right, professor Birch? Can you show Brandon the Meteorite?" Steven asks, earning a nod from the professor.

Professor Birch walks over to the back of one of the pitch black van's and opens the door as Brandon asks. "You said it would be safe at Devon corp. Why did you call up on me then?"

Steven becomes uneasy for a moment before he talks. "You see... There are rumours that Team Rocket are searching for the Meteorite and as Devon Corp. Is such a big place, it's almost impossible to keep it secret, especially with all the energy that radiates from it." Steven explains.

Brandon frowns. "What makes you believe that Team Rocket are after the Meteorite?"

"Team Rocket members are spotted more and more around the region and I think they want to get the legendary weather trio." Steven explains.

Brandon frowns once more. "But without the red and the blue orb, they can't get Groudon and Kyogre in order to summon Rayquaza." He says in a confused tone.

"Without the red orb you mean..." Steven corrects Brandon. "Last week one of their members stole the blue orb from the Slateport Museum." He says in a dissapointed tone.

"WHAT!" Brandon exclaims, shocked. "How is that possible!?" He shouts furiously.

"To be honest with you, I don't really know. I do have evidence to believe it's agent Brodie from Team Rocket though." Steven tells.

"What evidence?" Brandon asks in a firm and angry tone. Angry that such an important treasure to the Hoenn history is stolen by an evil organization.

Steven sighs. "As you know, agent Brodie was a Team Magma grunt but is now one of Team Rocket's best men and he's known as a faceless man." He says, causing Brandon to frown again. "Brodie's face is unrecognisable. He's always in disguise and never shows his real face. That's why he is so skilled in getting away with these kind of robberies. Most of the times when there are clues, they suddenly vanish again. It almost looks like he erases it himself." Steven finishes his explaination.

~Flashback 1 week ago~

Thursday afternoon, 2.30 PM.

Steven walks through Rustboro City on his way to the museum, lost in his thoughts.