~ 23 ~

So here we are again, back in the hospital for the second time, but at least it wasn’t because of her health. A broken leg and busted head was something she was new too, never having experienced such pain before and the fact that her leg was slowly starting to fix itself, so slow that you would think it noticed that she was being observed.

She didn’t know exactly what had happened, but she did know she was pushed. She wasn’t that clumsy to fall down the stairs, and she noticed that there was an obvious amount of force applied to her back before she blacked out. Though it didn’t feel like hands had pushed her, she still didn’t know how to fill, should she be mad that someone was messing around and knocked her down, or should she feel understanding that it was probably a mistake? All she did know for sure was that her Papa wasn’t happy. She doesn’t think the man had sat down even once since she woke up, and it was making her nervous watching him pace back and forth in the small little hospital room they resided in.

“Papa,” Aurora signed, “are you upset?” That question was obvious, the man was red in the face, “I’m okay, no need to be upset.” She didn’t really know what to say to make the situation better, Charlie looked furious and her nonchalant attitude seemed to make his attitude worse.

“Furious Aurora, furious. First they bother us on our dinner, then they torment us for dinner, now you get pushed down the stairs.” He scoffed, “those rich people really do reach for the clouds don’t they.” He at least had stopped pacing around the room, choosing to sit in a chair that was right beside her bed.

“Rich people.” She mumbled, she didn’t know what he was talking about, she didn’t really know any rich people besides Leo and he couldn’t have possibly had anything to do with this.

“Yes, Aurora. Rich people, that Leo boy you hang around with is the same boy that pushed you down the stairs.” He patted her thigh, being careful not to pat the wrong one that was wrapped tightly in a cast.

“Leo?” She pouted, “Leo pushed me down the stairs?” She was confused, why would he do that? What would he have possibly gained from doing it?

“Yes, darling.” Charlie felt the need to comfort her, but he was happy the boy had finally messed up and he had an excuse to keep Aurora away from him, “some students saw him push you down the stairs.” He didn’t know who the students were and wished to thank them for reporting the boy, but Pirece had refused to give up their identities saying that the kids wished to remain anonymous, which he could understand, this was the Richwoods they were accusing.

“But why?” She felt tears welled up, “he’s my friend?” She spoke cautiously, obviously the boy wasn’t her friend if he shoved her down the stairs.

“There had been a report that he shoved you down the stairs, just so he can help you and you can accept his favor of coming to dinner to thank him.” He totally made that up, no child had said that, and there was no proof of his words besides the students saying they saw him push her down.

“Oh,” She frowned, she didn’t know what to think about that, was he really that desperate for her attention or was she and everyone else just overthinking and he just decided to shove her because he could.

“Yeah, sorry Darling.” Charlie signed, “until I’m done getting everything situated I want you to stay away from that boy.” In reality his words wasn’t hard to follow, she would need to be in the hospital for three days just to make sure her head and leg was truly alright, then she’ll be bedridden at home until the wound on her head close up, which could take up to at least two weeks if she took care of herself properly.

“Okay,” She nodded, grimacing as the motion made her a little sick to her stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Mr Pierce, Miss Merlin, nice to meet you I’m Esme Cullen.” She smiled at her clients, this would be the first mansion in Forks that she would redecorate.

“Nicholai Pierce,” He nodded, a smile on his face, oh the poor woman didn’t even notice the maids and butlers that lined the office she was in.

“Miranda Merlin.” She grinned, sitting on the window seat of the office, she had done her part in getting the vampire here, and now it was Nicholai’s turn to handle everything.

“Merlin? Like Harry Potter?” Esme chuckled at her own joke, of course Miranda laughed also, but added a slight eye roll in the mix.

“That old bat has nothing on me.” She scoffed, she hated the whole Harry Potter franchise because of the use of her surname.

“I need some rooms redecorated.” He smiled, “my wife will be returning soon and she would love the idea of staying close to her father, so I would like a room to be decorated for him.” He signed, of course Aurora wouldn’t want anything to happen to Charlie, he didn’t even know what he was going to do to the human yet, but it would be smart to get the man a room so that Aurora would be comfortable.

“Of course! Are you two expecting?” She asked curiously, “usually when someone wants a parent to move in their expecting and the grandparents wish to be around the baby also.” She shrugged, though she spoke calmly, everyone could see her excitement over decorating a baby room.

“Not expecting,” He frowned, “but I’ll be sure to give you a call when we are.” Of course it was no brainer that an heir would be needed, but he was positive that they would no longer be residing in Forks, or that the Vampires would even be alive.

“Great!,” She smiled, pulling out a book full of colors, and room ideas, “let’s get started with their likes and dislikes so I have a basic idea of what they’ll like.” She smiled, the room was a little huge which gave her so many ideas on what she could do, and made her almost want to move back to their villa in Europe. As the two people spoke in the room, Merlin stirred her drink, the red wine, glittering under the dawn light that flooded through the window.

“Every morning, every night, he watches over her with eyes of spite.” She giggled, Esme looking over her in suspension as she whispered the phrase over again a couple of times.

“Miss Merlin is everything alright?” Esme spoke worriedly, a chilling feeling washing over her.

“Everything’s fine, Mrs Cullen.” She smiled, innocent eyes, staring back into her fearful ones.

“Ignore her,” Nicohlai smiled, he too was sipping on wine, though his glass made her dead her beat again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

❤️ I'm sure some of you can guess who she's talking about