Chapter 41: Promised Pen

Before Arriving At the Gold Pond

"This is too much freedom for a child like you," Grandma told me. I noticed that her lips curled into a smile. "You will experience a freedom that most people won't be able to experience. Somehow, I am contemplating if this is a part of your plans."

Grandma Sarah is overthinking.

She's overestimating me.

Grandma went in front of me before grabbing my ear that has a transmitter. She stared at it for a moment. 

"The Superior Lerin didn't even allow you to have a new transmitter," Grandma paused. Using her right hand, she suddenly caressed my hair. "I hope that you won't do anything reckless."

"Yes Grandma, I won't do anything reckless." 

I won't escape if that's what you wanted to hear.

Today is the day when I am going with Mr. Lerin to the Goldy Pond.  I know that I was reckless to accept his invitation for me, but this is a possibility for an unexpected chance.

I have to acquire Gold Water.

I glanced at the mirror in Grandma's office. When I saw a reflection of me, wearing a different uniform, I can't help but to take a deep sigh. 

This uniform looks like Mama Isabella's uniform.

I wonder if Peter Ratri is mocking me when he gave me this uniform, but this is necessary if I wanted to go with Mr. Lerin. 

This uniform might also mean that he is planning something for me. Other people might think that I am in a high privilege. If the other student will see me like this, it's either they'll be wary of me...

...or fear me.

Grandma Sarah glanced at me with cold eyes before handing me a bag. Before she turned around, I noticed that her face turned dark. "Enjoy your trip, Child. However, I hope that you won't forget the incoming elimination exam."

"I won't, Grandma," I replied.

I cannot fail anyway.

I placed the bag in my back as I opened the door in Grandma's office. 

I'll be gone for three days, and just a week from now, the elimination was about to happen at the end of the month. I am quite confident about the elimination exam because I've been studying so hard since the day that I arrived in this place.

It's all thanks to that one person.

"I wonder if I overlooked you," A girl with short black hair said. She crossed her arms before glancing at me. "I didn't even consider the probability of you being a big threat to me. Compared to Chloe, your connections are more terrifying."

The girl darted her eyes on my clothes before staring at my face. 

"Hello, Eniza!" I greeted her with a smile.

"Don't hello me, stupid. Don't you know how to read the room?" Eniza scoffed at me before rolling her eyes. "Grandma told me about your special trip, but I am not here to wish you a safe travel."

This is not surprising, Grandma also favors her after all. Besides, Eniza is always with me, it's not hard to realize that there is something going on with me.

"The Elimination exam is near, and you are a threat to me," Eniza suddenly said. "But knowing that you are growing some connections, I don't want to become your enemy. Yet, I don't want you to stay in my way either."

I remained silent for a moment.

"Are you suggesting that I should let you become a top student?" I asked.