49

"I'm a what?" Alexa is looking at me with her eyes bugging out.

"You're a white wolf, and white wolves are known as healer wolves. It's rare, like only one born every five-hundred years or so." I tell her.

"But I wasn't born a shifter. Has there ever been a turned white wolf?" I can see that she's panicking internally.

I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly "Honestly, no. You're the first. At least that I've ever heard of."

She starts pacing back and forth and mumbling to herself. I know this is probably a lot for her to deal with, but it's a good thing. With an upcoming war, we needed a white wolf on our side.

"This is a good thing Alexa. I mean yes, you're going to need training. But you planned on doing that after you shifted anyway. Now you'll just be adding on a few new things to your training." I tell her trying to calm her down.

"I know, it's just... this is a lot to take in." She says as she takes a seat on a patio chair.

I sit down in the chair next to her and the girls all sit with us too. The guys are standing behind us, Zane behind me, Felix behind Alexa and KC behind Talia.

"Look at it this way, you have the power to help save people now." Layla tells Alexa.

Alexa rests her elbows on the table and puts her head in her hands. "Yeah."

"What's bothering you? I thought you were excited to shift." I ask.

She shakes her head back and forth "To shift yeah, to be a regular shifter like everyone else. I didn't think I'd be different."

I laugh a little "Do you really think any of us are just regular shifters?"

She picks her head up and looks at me "I mean... I know you're special. But everyone else is normal."

I smile at her "No, everyone else here is not normal. Zane is the most powerful Alpha in the world, his pack is known as the Shadow Walkers. Do you know why?"

She shakes her head no.

"Because they can literally blend themselves into the shadows. Which means Zane, Felix, KC, Zara, Talia and the other warriors of this pack aren't just normal shifters."

Zane quickly coughs "Nova love, not everyone here is pack." He says and looks at Layla.

I give him a stern look "She's more than pack, she's blood. Besides, she's not exactly normal herself."

He gives me a puzzled look "What do you mean?"

I look at Layla "Do you want to tell them, or do you want me to?"

Layla just looks at me wide eyed for a moment before letting out a sigh. "I will."

She stands up, closes her eyes and inhales deeply through her nose. Then she starts to lift her hands upwards, as she does the wind starts to pick up around us. Clouds start to form above us and lightning cracks followed by a deep rolling thunder.

Everyone's jaw drops as they watch the weather change before their eyes. The guys even take a step back. I just smile.

"What the..." KC whispers.

"Fuck." Zane finishes.

Layla snaps out of it and blushes slightly as she rubs her arm.

Alexa's face is full of wonder as she stands up and walks towards Layla "What are you?"

Layla shrugs "Honestly I'm not sure. I known I can control weather, and create a flame from the lightning." She opens her palm and a small blue flame appears, but she quickly shuts it.

"Whatever I am came from my mother. I never knew my mother, and my dad never told me anything about her. My dad was just a shifter though. Anytime I'd try to ask him about her, he'd get this far away look in his eyes and walk away."

She has a sad expression cross her face, but quickly recovers. "Then he died when I was thirteen, and I never met any of my other family members. Before he died he did tell me her name though. I looked for years, but never found any trace of her."

I walk over to her and pull her into a hug. I know how much she wishes she could find something about her mother. I even helped her look for a few years. We never even found anyone who'd even heard her name though.

"What's her name?" Zara asks.

"Tempestas."

I swear Zaras jaw dropped to the floor and her eyes popped out of her head. I covered my mouth to keep myself from laughing.

"Please tell me you know who that is!" She shouts as she throws her hands in the air.

Me and Layla share a look and both shrug. Layla says "My mom?"

"Oh my Goddess! You don't know?" I can tells she's obviously surprised by this, I just don't know why.

"If I did I'd know my mother." She deadpans.

"Tempestas is the Goddess of storms!" Zara grabs Layla by the shoulders and shakes her a little. "You're the daughter of a Goddess!"

Layla pushes Zara back. "What? No. That's... that's crazy. My father must have been crazy and gave me a fake name."

"But it would make sense..." I start to say more but Layla cuts me off.

"NO! I think I would know if I was half Goddess! It's not possible! My father was just fucking insa-"

At that point something seriously unexpected happens. Lightning lights up the night sky, it's the brightest flash I've ever seen. It's accompanied by ground shaking thunder. As quickly as it happened, it's gone.

"Umm... Layla take it easy." I look over at her and she's looking up towards the sky with a clearly shocked expression.

She shakes her head "That wasn't me."

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters
Also... I love getting comments ;)