23

"Wow." Daniil exclaimed after Anna finished telling him about what had happened while she was in the Netherlands with Max for the New Year.

The pair had come to the conclusion that they were better off as friends especially since Anna started to realised that she did in fact have some sort of feelings for Max.

"Yeh." Anna nodded in reply.

They were now standing in a indoor play area on the outside of Monte Carlo drinking coffee and watching Penelope play in the ball pit with other kids.

"You're dead." Daniil informed her with a smile on his face.

"Well thank you for the vote of confidence." Anna replied.

"It's true. We both know what Kelly is like and she isn't exactly you're biggest fan." The Russian said causing Anna to sigh.

"I know. I am so dead." She spoke as she leant her head against the wall.

"It was nice knowing ya." Daniil told her as he patted her on the back while laughing.

The bell rang signalling that their time slot was over. Penelope left with all of the other kids before running towards her father.

Daniil picked up his daughter and carried her back over to the table where her shoes and bag were.

"You want me to drop you home before I drop P back home?" Daniil wondered as he placed his daughter down on the ground once she had her shoes on.

"Nah. I'll just hide in the car." Anna joked before they followed Penelope outside towards the car.

—————

"Oh shit." Daniil spoke as they pulled up outside Max and Kelly's apartment building to a strange sight.

"Bad word." Penelope said from the back seat as she pointed towards her father.

"Sorry baby. Stay here." Daniil told her before he and Anna got out of the car.

Max was standing on the sidewalk with his empty suitcase in his hand and his clothes laying around his as Kelly stood on their apartment balcony.

"What's going on?" Anna wondered as she and Daniil walked towards the Red Bull driver.

"You." An angry voice shouted from above causing Anna to wince before she looked up to Kelly. "You did this. You self centred, boyfriend stealing, heartless bitch."

"Hey." Max yelled at her and went to head back inside before Daniil grabbed him.

"Woah mate. I don't think that's a good idea." Daniil told him.

"I hope you two rot in hell together." Kelly shouted before throwing more of Max's clothes before walking back inside.

"Oh god." Anna spoke as she watched his clothes fall down to the ground along with the rest of those already lying there.

"I'll get the rest of your stuff before she throws your helmets off the balcony." Daniil said to Max before he walked to the car to grab Penelope.

He took her inside leaving the two best friends alone on the streets of Monaco surrounded by Max's clothes. Max looked around at his clothes before sighing.

"Any room for one more at yours?" Max wondered looking  at his best friend causing her to laugh.

"Yes." Anna nodded in reply before helping him to pick up his clothes and put them into the suitcase that was laying around them.

—————

"So what now?" Anna asked as Max reappeared in the kitchen after leaving all of his stuff that Daniil had got into Anna's spare room.

"I guess Kelly and I aren't together anymore." Max joked with a smile on his face.

"Ya think?" Anna sarcastically replied with a small laugh.

"Oh well." Max shrugged his shoulders before walking towards the fridge.

"Oh well? Did you seriously just say that?" Anna wondered as she followed him around her apartment.

"Yeh." Max replied as he closed the fridge after grabbing an energy water from inside.

"Max. You need to take this serious. You know the media is gonna rip you two apart until they find out the reason why you broke up. And when they find out it's me you now what they'll say." Anna explained hoping Max would start to take this seriously.

"I'll sort it. I'll talk to the team and get them to handle it. Don't worry." Max told her. He walked towards his best friend and placed a kiss on her forehead before walking away towards the spare room.

Anna sat in shock at what had just happened. She couldn't understand why Max wasn't taking this seriously or why he didn't seem to bother by the fact that he and Kelly had just broke up.

She also wondered why he had just kissed her now. Sure he had done it before now but
something about this time felt different.

"What?" Anna spoke shaking her head in confusion before sighing and leaning her head against the kitchen island.

—————

Anna walked into the living room the following morning to see Max and Bradley in the living room while Max trained and Brad instructed him on what to do.

"Morning." Anna called out before walking into the kitchen to make herself breakfast.

After making herself a cup of coffee and filling her bowl with cereal and milk, the brown haired girl made her way back to the living room.

She took a seat in the armchair in the corner of her living room by the balcony and watched as Max held the plank in the middle of the living room.

"You enjoying watching me be tortured?" Max wondered as he stood up and grabbed a drink of water.

"Hey you're the one working out in my living room." Anna replied before scrolling through her phone as she ate her breakfast.

Shortly after Max finished his training have already been working out for an hour before Anna had gotten up.

They finished up and Brad said goodbye before leaving the two alone. Max grabbed his post work out shake before taking a seat across from Anna.

"Wanna come to Austria with me?" Max wondered looking over his phone at his best friend.

"Austria? For what?" Anna asked as she stood up holding her empty bowl and cup.

"A Red Bull thing. Come on. It'll be fun." Max said as she stood up and followed Anna into the kitchen.

"Fine. When do we leave?" Anna spoke as she dropped her dishes in the sink.

"In the morning. So pack your bag." Max told her before leaving to go have a shower after his training.

—————