Chapter 46: What is Love?

#190

" What is Love?" 

" Huh?" 

" What is Love, Zee?" I repeated again a bit more irritated to have to repeat myself. 

He looked at me clueless, flabergasted, and nonchalant.  

" Not that I'd expect you to know but still. Food for thought, anything that comes to your mind. Ballpark." I said with a shrug. As usual, we were hanging in our well-manicured green while others worked on the BBQ. Perks of being the youngest and we are not complaining. 

" First of all, Ballpark is not the right word of choice. We are not here to guess something." He corrected me in the process annoying me. 

" Don't tutor me. Answer me. "

" Aavya..." He shook his head. 

" I know Aman screwed up but forget him. Please..." We have absolutely zero ideas about my brother's whereabouts and Rose might not be over him yet but we rarely speak about him. I notice Zeehan winced as I mentioned his name. He loves his sister too much and I don't blame him. At this point, I can't say I love my eldest brother any better. Hence we keep indulging in these family get together to keep the spirits burning.

" Sorry." I apologized when he gave me radio silence.

" Fine! I'll allow this one time just to not have this conversation again..." He finally said with a smile.

" Yaya!!" I cheered.

" What is Love? Hmm... If according to what I've seen and what I've been told, Love can be exhausting, daunting, and many times most painful thing one can ever endure." My mouth dropped. 

" But..." he drawled," ...it will the most beautiful feeling, most pristine emotion one can ever experience. "

" Really? You've never been in love." I stated.

" If in love with the right person, one who cherishes being with you then consider yourself the luckiest of all on this planet. You've won the golden ticket to living a life well-lived. "

" Wow! " 

" And how do we know that we have found the right person?" I inquired, my curiosity peaking.

" Close your eyes. You'll know." He smiled.

I quickly did that. I'm such an immature kid. 

" Well, thank you, Zee. It's all dark and black. Thank you for nothing." I opened my eyes and jibbed. He laughed.

" You should stop reading those Rom-Coms and also cease to watch those Hollywood cliches as well. Might save you. Love Actually has actually messed your head. " I added chuckling.

" Haha. You started this drama. And besides, I'm not wrong. One day you'll know." He said with an astonishing seriousness. I saw the change in his face. 

" How so?" I pestered.

" Because I know. " 

~ Aavya and Zeehan and their mindless chatting on a usual weekend while in the background Taylor's This Love peeked bringing a smile to their lonely hearts.  

❋❋❋

Seconds felt like minutes, minutes like hours, and hours seemed endless as Ansh and Ahana sat together holding hands in complete silence. Now, they knew what a blasting grenade felt like.