XVIII

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: PRESSURE

THIRD PERSON POV

"Ms. Kang Yuuri, welcome! Are you here to see Room 405?" The front desk asked and Yuuri nodded as Yeonjun followed her.

"Yes, I'll go with my student," Yuuri replied as they both walked to the rooms.

"Yuuri noona, I'll stay here. You... need privacy," Yeonjun said as he stopped in his tracks, and Yuuri sighs as she looks down.

"Alright, sit down... I'll be quick," Yuuri said as she walked away, her heels clicking against the tiled floor as she walked up.

Room 405

She turned the doorknob as she looked around. The scent of alcohol and disinfectant flooded the room and Yuuri stopped to look at the person lying on the bed.

"Father....," she sighed as she sat down, looking at her father who was lying down the hospital bed, oxygen in his nose as he breathed through life support.

It was a habit that everytime before Yuuri starts a case, she comes to visit her father who has been in the hospital for 6 months. She believes seeing her father would give her luck and hope in winning a case.

"I'll figure out everything that's happening. I promise, I'll bring everything to light and dig up everything," she said as she sat beside her father.

Yuuri's father was a detective. But he retired shortly after he turned 75 due to his disease. And it was Yuuri's responsibility to be with him.

"Mrs. Himekawa, thank you for coming back again," another voice joined in as Yuuri was about to leave.

"Yuuri?" That voice called, and Yuuri looked up and gazed at the person who resembled her.

"I'm gonna leave now. I only came to visit father," she said, and the woman stared at her.

"Stop visiting your father. You know he's  going to be worse if you're around," she said and Yuuri looked at her.

"I don't see why I can't visit my father, mother," Yuuri replied and her mother, Himekawa rolled her eyes.

Yuuri Kang's father is Korean, whilst her mother is Japanese.

"This is because you took law instead of medicine. Your father wouldn't have been bedridden if it weren't for you," she said and Yuuri stopped before taking a deep breath.

"We talked about this. And I'm happy to say I've become successful in my field of interest, what about you, mother? Are you successful?" Yuuri replied, and her mother gasped.

"You dare to speak back to me like that? Is this how I raised you?" She said and Yuuri smirked as she reached for the door.

"I'm thirty-four, I have my principles, my own concepts, and it's been 10 years since I graduated law. Stop being in this past and move on, mother," Yuuri said as she closed the door, walking away.

SOUJIN POV

"I want to focus on Jungkook's case, but Jongseong is much more important right now. He's being tracked down," I said as I sat beside V, who was searching through his computer and typing.

"That's weird," V hummed as he fixed his glasses.

"This isn't poison, it's a drug," V said and Jungkook looked at th screen.

"The problem with this drug is that it's unknown. Like... super duper unknown, and I don't know why," V said.

"But, Jongseong is from SAN, right? And knowing that Jongseong came from SAN means.... that San is chasing down Jongseong for a particular reason, and the drug may be connected to Jongseong in a way since the nurse back then tried to inject him with it," I said as I rubbed my chin.

"We can get the files from SAN's lab. Although, the files are already secured by San himself which will be pretty difficult," V said, and Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck.

"It could be possible if we can acquire clues or evidence that can lead to San's involvement, or maybe... someone else," I replied.

"We seem to have come to a dead end," Jungkook sighed and V rolled his eyes before patting him.

"Go watch your soap operas or something," V said and Jungkook glared at him.

"Wait," Jimin said as he walked over to us, and he took something out from his pocket.

"I remembered something. I got this back from the dangerous drive ambush we were in earlier," Jimin said as he placed it on his palm.

"A bullet?" V said as he looked at it closely.

"Wait, let me check that," Yoongi said as he looked closely at the bullet, examining it.

"Hm... funny. This bullet is from a K1A rifle only found in the military of the Republic of Korea," Yoongi said as he studied it closely.

"Military... military is involved?" I replied and V hummed.

"It is possible... but the government can't just rely on this... big CEO," V replied as he stared at the bullet.

"It's completely possible though. I mean, you never know who that San really is," Jungkook replied and V looked at me..

"Only one possible way," V said as he stared at me.

"Go talk to Hyebin," V said, and I nodded as I sighed.

"Hyebin... this time, she should answer... right?" I asked, and V nodded as he looked at Jungkook.

"Hyebin cares for Jongseong like a little brother, of course he would. Unless she's gonna keep her mouth shut," Jungkook said and Yoongi cracked his knuckles.

"Do you want me to take care of her?" Yoongi said and Jimin turned pale as he pulled him towards himself.

"Noooo! Violence isn't always an answer Yoongi!" Jimin said and Yoongi sighed as he calmed down.

"I'll take care of it. You guys try to connect some dots along the way," I smiled as I stood up, walking towards Hyebin who was watching over the little boy.

"Hyebin? Can I... talk to you?" I asked, as I sat beside her. And Hyebin looks at me silently before nodding.

"Are you okay? Is it okay for me to question you about what happened yesterday?" I asked her, and Hyebin sighed as she looked down on her lap.

"I can't hide anything from you. But at the same time, I'm required to hide things from you, there are things I cannot tell you," Hyebin said and I looked at my laptop.

"Then tell me the stuff you're allowed to tell me," I said as I looked at her, and Hyebin stared at me.

"I'm a lawyer, at the same time I shouldn't force someone to say things they are not comfortable in saying. Of course, I need evidence. But with your help, I can uncover the secrets myself," I smiled and Hyebin nodded.

"Alright. I'll tell you,"

----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or a bee will sting u

And yes, I like the idea of yuuri being half japanese lol