And I am Not A Patriarchal Girl...

Ellie Richards

What a conceited, pompous, ignorant man... Honestly I couldn't believe the audacity this man had. Why was the werewolf world so backwards that they believed in a man's statement that only aimed to save himself and not tell the truth of his sins. If I as a woman, had rejected an Alpha, I would have been strung up by my ankles and chased with pitchforks. 

Chancellor Thorn lived up to a name and he was slowly becoming a thorn in my side. He was so judgemental and so certain with my crimes that he wanted to punishment me without even getting to know the full story. There was a part of me that truly believed that it didn't matter what I said. I had a feeling that it was to do with someone else, I could only hope that it wasn't because I was a woman and I was deemed untrustworthy. 

For some reason, I couldn't seem to comprehend his view of my character without even speaking to me. Honestly he reminded me of the many men I had come across in my job. The ones that were domineering over their female partner, that just because of their genetics and being a male, they some what believed they were more superior. I could feel my fist clench tightly. 

I didn't have the heart to look at my uncle anymore, I knew that Clara had put herself in the firing line to help me, to save me from the evidence less statements by an Alpha who had deluded himself into believing his actions were right for the pack. I didn't know whether it was a blessing or a curse that she had done this. I could see the danger that she had placed herself in but I could equally see that my Uncle was extremely protective over her. There was a part of me that was hoping maybe this situation would help him see the feelings he was burying beyond the surface. 

After the revelation from the pack about the Alpha's chosen mate, whispers and uproar scattered across the members of the Lotus pack. I could see my mate's place blanch at the truth the pack was withholding and the fact that Rachel was a terrible Luna. A part of me wanted to chuckle at his pale stricken face, I knew he wasn't anticipating someone speaking out against his chosen, especially when she was a high-ranked official's daughter. It seemed no one liked her and everyone immediately agreed with Clara's statement. 

Due to the pack's evidence and Chancellor Thorns inability to reign in the pack, we had been permitted a short break. He simply said that he wanted to have a discussion with the other Elder's present, while allowing the rest of the pack the opportunity for a bathroom break or a chance to stretch their legs. As soon as the words left Chancellor Thorns mouth, James gave Clara a knowing look to follow while he ushered me out of the pack into the thick forest that was bare of leaves. He was quick stepped and pushing me further and further away from other pack members. I knew he was stuck between being proud of me for standing my ground and irritated that I challenged the head of the Council.

"What's the matter James? For godsake! How did he even get into power!" I whisper-shouted as he pushed his hand further into my back, directing me to somewhere he could speak. I looked over my shoulder and could see Clara trotting along behind us. 

"Be quiet just a minute will you! God you can tell you are related to Ma." He shook his head while wiping the sweat from his forehead. He pushed me behind a tree, I could see his eyes darken and I sensed that his wolf was present, checking for scents or ears that were nearby. Before I knew it Clara was standing with us and both of us were stood next to each other. She had this knowing glint in her eye, I could see that she was nothing but proud at what I said. However, Uncle James was pacing backwards and forwards. I was scared he was going to make a permanent trail from his steps. 

"I don't know what to say! Honestly are you two trying to give me a heart attack? Do you realise what you have done? Honestly Ellie, you have no idea what you said out there, you knowingly challenged the head of the council! Do you know the danger you have put yourself in?" He exclaims. I go to respond to him but he holds his hand up and gives me a look, one that a know all to well. He is channelling his inner grandfather. He then turns to Clara and points at her. "And you! Honestly Clara you know better than that! You not only challenged an Alpha but you challenged the Chancellor!" Her mouth gaps like she is about to respond. "Don't! Honestly between the two of you, I don't know whether to throttle you myself or whether to smile and tell you I'm proud." He shakes his head.