Ten.

A couple of weeks later

11 pm...

Naomi's POV

I vibed to the music playing in my ear, New Edition to be more specific, as I opened the entrance to my building.

As I'm walking to the elevator I feel a tap on my shoulder. I stop and pause my music. The smiling lady gestures for me to take my earphones out.

"I can hear you." I said.

"I'm Beth."

"Naomi." I nodded. "Did you need something?"

"Oh I was just wondering who you were here for."

"Who am I here for?" She nodded. "I'm not understanding." I looked at her confused.

"Who are you here visiting?"

"Myself?"

"Oh you live here?"

Ah I see where this is going. I subtly started recording without drawing attention to my phone. Not about to play me.

"Do you need something?" I repeated. "I'm very tired."

"I'm just curious as to why you're here and so late."

"I'm going to bed if you let me go about my business."

"Which apartment is yours?"

"Which one is yours?"

"I'm not answering that."

"Neither am I." I attempted to walk around her and she got back in front of me. "Lady please."

"I can't let you in here. You could be dangerous."

I panned the camera down to the big ass boot on my foot then back up. "Yet you're following me? The oh so dangerous person. Girl go on." I waved her off.

"I'm calling the cops." She pulled out her phone. "No you stay right there." She got in front of me again.

"Look lady. I've had a long day. I'm dog tired and all I wanna do is eat my food, watch the bachelor and go to sleep so I can get up and go to work tomorrow. That's all."

"And you're welcome to do so in your home." She extended her hand to direct me outside.

Yeah I'm about to go off cause I'm not about to sit out here with this looney tunes ass fool. Just as I was about to, the usual on duty desk person came back to sit.

"Hey Naomi." He smiled. "That was a close game."

"It was. We got some work to do." I replied since we lost tonight.

"Yeah but I know them boys will get it back in gear."

"You know her?" Ole girl asked.

"I do. Who are you? Need me to call someone to come downstairs to get you?" He picked the phone up.

"She lives here?" She continued to ask.

"Do you live here? I've never seen you." He raised an eyebrow and asked while standing up.

"Uh well-"

"You need to be with your host."

"My sister asked me to walk her dog."

"Okay well the dog looks walked. Have a good night ma'am." He dismissed her and she held a dumbfounded look.

She walked away as fast as she could and got on the elevator.

I hopped on the counter to sit and talk. Just to make sure she's not lingering around and able to follow me back to my place.

"Thank you. Lady had me standing there for a good five minutes trying to see if I live here. I was so confused by her presence cause not many people are out when I get home from a game."